ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates / Notification

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/13/13 08:01 AM Views: 1056 Replies: 6
Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Hello! Quick question.. If someone enters contact info for a missing classmate, will that missing classmate receive an email from the website so they know it exists? Thank you

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 9:50 AM - Response #1

If someone (an admin) goes to Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates and adds contact information, then no, the classmate does not receive an email to let them know that it exists

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM - Response #2

Thanks for the quick reply! Will I (admin) receive a notification that an email has been entered (so I know to extend an invitation to the classmate?)

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 11:05 AM - Response #3

If someone uses the home page module called "missing Classmates" to notify a classmate by e-mail about the website, you as an admin will NOT be notified that an e-mail has been sent to the classmate. The e-mail that is sent is only an email address and we have no way of knowing which classmate the email address belongs to. When someone sends an e-mail this way, the email address is not entered into the system.

If this doesn't answer your question, I am not really sure what your question is about.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM - Response #4

Thank you.. I just want to make sure that if a (missing class) email is entered, that the MIA person gets invited to the website..

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM - Response #5

OK, yes that happens.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 at 11:26 AM - Response #6

Thanks! (Whew)

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.