ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Difference btw invisible, away, do not disturb

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/30/12 08:39 AM Views: 1374 Replies: 7
Monday, April 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I'm wondering what the difference is between "invisible", "away", and "do not disturb". I was "away" but others knew I was signed on. Did they see my name, and did it say "away" next to my name? If I am "invisible" does my name not show to anyone?

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM - Response #1

Invisible is what it says. No one can see that you are on the website, and therefore cannot send you IM messages.

Do not disturb means people can see that you are online, but cannot send you IM messages.

Away means people can send you IM messages, but they should not expect an immediate reply, as you may be occupied on other things.

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM - Response #2

Invisible is what it says. No one can see that you are on the website, and therefore cannot send you IM messages.

Do not disturb means people can see that you are online, but cannot send you IM messages.

Away means people can send you IM messages, but they should not expect an immediate reply, as you may be occupied on other things.

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM - Response #3

Is it possible to tell the system not to ping when I'm invisible and move from page to page? It does that, you know. We may be invisible but we are not quiet about it. Laughing

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM - Response #4

If you click the little triangle on the IM tab to expand it, there is a speaker icon you can click to turn off IM system sounds.

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM - Response #5

Do others see the captions: "Invisible", "Do not disturb", or "Away" (which ever I have selected) next to my name?

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM - Response #6

All except invisible, in which case they cannot even see in the IM that you are logged in.

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM - Response #7

Eric B Bassey wrote:

If you click the little triangle on the IM tab to expand it, there is a speaker icon you can click to turn off IM system sounds.

I understand turning off sounds on my computer, Eric. The fact is the sounds occur when I am invisible on others' computers. We can test it again, yet I see no reason to do so.

P.S. I usually have my sound off when in TAP outside of chat times. It is always on during chats. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.