ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Having trouble getting into the managing Classmates page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/17/10 12:48 PM Views: 1285 Replies: 4
Friday, September 17, 2010 at 12:48 PM

For the past month, I have been having trouble going into managing classmate page. Everytime I try to enter/edit a classmate, it freezes and won't let me go into the next step. Y
At first, I thought okay it is my computer. But then I can go to any other page and it is fine. I ask the other Admin to add the new classmates in. She said it freeze once and then she close her computer and rebooted and then she did not have any problems. I did the same but I still have the problem. What do I do? My responsiblity is to upload grad pics and add new classmates, and now I can't. Can you help me? Anyone else experience this problem?

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 1:38 PM - Response #1

Please provide the following details:
What Broswer and Browser Version are you using?
What is your operating system?
Have you tried deleting your cookies and cache, followed by closing the browser and restarting the browser?
If you are still having issues after that, can you take a screenshot and include it in your reply?

Thanks
Scott

Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 8:22 PM - Response #2
DSC08873.JPG

Hi Scott,
I did all that you ask and restarted the browser, but it still froze on me when I hit the enter/edit button on the managing classmate page.

My Browser Version is Window Explorer and my Operating system is Window XP. Let me know what else I should do. I am attaching a picture of what it looks like when I hit the enter/edit button. It freezes and shows the hourglass so inorder for me to unfreeze, I had to use the Window Task Manager to close out the browsers.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 8:23 PM - Response #3

Scott, did my picture show up. I thought I attached it. Let me know. thanks.

Monday, September 20, 2010 at 6:47 PM - Response #4

It only happens with Internet Explorer, and only happens on sites with a lot of names (usually around a couple thousand or more). Firefox is a good browser which we highly recommend instead of managing the site with Internet Explorer. Because the latest Internet Explorer is having some issues with pages full of many names we're doing 2 things here:

1) Streamlining the code with some new CSS (layout stuff) that will hopefully make IR render the page faster

2) We lowered the pagination # to 1500. So if you have 1500 members or more, the Manage Classmates list of names will now paginate. This number was previously set at 2,000 but for whatever reason the latest IE browser isn't rendering the page as well as previous IE browsers did.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.