ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile verification question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/19/09 04:50 PM Views: 1262 Replies: 7
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Is there any problem with clicking "Member has been verified" check-box when a classmate is editing their profile? Will any of their data be cleared in the database since they are also editing the profile?

What if they click SAVE on their profile and I don't have any of their information on my screen when I verify their profile and click SAVE? Will they have to re-enter the profile information that they thought that they saved?

In other words, is the SAVE mechanism for the profile smart enough to only change those fields that were modified in the current session?

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 3:18 PM - Response #1

No, but it's a good point and I'll add it to the Task List. If you go in to verify a Profile do it quickly, because you are in fact editing the same live Profile the Classmate can edit. I.E. If you go into a Profile, leave it on the screen for awhile, the Classmate now goes into the same Profile and makes a bunch of updates, saves, and then you come back to the screen you've left open and save later, you would in fact overwrite the Classmate's own changes.

If you go into a Profile, immediately verify and save, you'll 99.99% of the time be ok. But if the Classmate happened to save their Profile during th 3 seconds it might take you to do this, yes, you could actually end up with lost data. So for now bottom line is, don't delay when verifying. Enter into edit mode for the Classmate's Profile, verify, and immediately save.

Edited 03/21/09 3:19 PM
Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM - Response #2

One other question: If I verify the classmate and they are also editing their profile, and I do it quickly, when they save it, will the verified flag be changed or since the classmate doesn't have access to this field, it won't be changed?

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 9:14 PM - Response #3

The Classmate can't ever change it. If you ever verify, then the verify toggle is forever turned on regardless of anything the Classmate does.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 9:37 PM - Response #4

Will the Who's online now box show the classmate online before they are verified?

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 9:44 PM - Response #5

No. For all intents and purposes, the Classmate doesn't really exist until verifcation has happened. The only thing a pre-Verified Classmate can really do is edit his or her own Profile, and access portions of your web site that he or she could have accessed anyway as a member of the public.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM - Response #6

Brad Switzer wrote:

The Classmate can't ever change it. If you ever verify, then the verify toggle is forever turned on regardless of anything the Classmate does.

Well, not FOREVER. I can turn it off again if I feel I made a mistake and need to verify him some more.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 10:15 PM - Response #7

You certainly can. Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.