ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Making a cohesive alumni site

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/14/08 02:41 AM Views: 1327 Replies: 4
Monday, July 14, 2008 at 2:41 AM

I just wanted to thank you so much for being so quick and helpful in answering all of my questions so far. This website is fantastic!

I was wondering about the possibility of arranging classmates by graduation year. I know the main purpose of the site is for individual class use, but I am using it as an alumni group. (I have read your FAQ sections and know I could set it up differently using links. ) Thus far, I have been entering a graduation year after the last name. I have had a few requests for profile lists by class year though, and was wondering if you had any suggestions. Are there any other groups that use this site as an alumni group that I may be able to view for ideas?

Any help/suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Monday, July 14, 2008 at 2:50 AM - Response #1

Class Creator was primarily designed to handle individual graduating classes, but we have had regular requests for a more comprehensive alumni system where multiple graduating years can be included under 1 site and 1 common login area. There's good news and bad news on this:

Good news: We have a better alumni system scheduled. Basically, we need to allow you to set your site for a range of years, we need to allow you to select the specific graduating year for each Classmate from a dropdown list, and we have to restructure the Classmate Profiles page so there is a lead page with the list of graduating years, with those years being clickable into the entire graduating class for that specific year. In this way you will be able to better organize your site, and accomplish what you are asking.

Bad news: We have several other things on "the list" before we get to this task. It is coming though. Rough guess, about 8 weeks. Until then you'll have to "put up with" the super long Class List that you've got displaying on your Classmate Profiles page currently.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 at 9:58 PM - Response #2

Excellent!! Can't wait for the feature to separate by class year. My alums have bombarded me with this request.
You guys rock!!! Great work!!!!

Thursday, July 17, 2008 at 11:01 AM - Response #3

PLEASE let us know when you get the alumni site..... Lots of people ask me cause they like our site and refer them to classcreator all the time.... Will you send a mass communication about that please, Brad???

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 1:51 PM - Response #4

Yes. When any new feature has been launched, or major update has happened on the system, we sent out an email notice to all Administrators.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.