ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

multiple slideshows

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/19/09 03:24 PM Views: 1805 Replies: 16
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 3:24 PM

We have a page on our site called Memory Lane and have posted 2 slideshows to date. I have 3 questions. First, is there a limit as to how many can be added per page? If no, then can we arrange them side by side? If so, please explain how to. This leads into third question: if you can checkout what we have, there is about a 5 inch gap between the two shown. Ideally, we would like to move the most recent on top. However, we would be fine with just knowing how to raise the second slideshow up so that people will actually know it is there. It is so low now, I don't think anyone realizes there is an additional show. Thanks!!

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 3:34 PM - Response #1

1) There is no limit to the number of embedded objects you can put on your page. For load time and usability reasons I'd try to keep it to 5 or under though.

2) Yes you can arrange them side by side. Create a 1 row x 2 column table. Put one slide show in the left cell, and the other slide show in the right cell. Make sure each slide show is no greater than 300 pixels wide. If it is, then in your source code view adjust each slide show so the width is 300 and the height is 240.

3) I think your third question will be solved by following the steps in #2. Here's a little tip though. After creating your 2 column table, type into column #1: SLIDE SHOW 1 HERE. And then type into column 2: SLIDE SHOW 2 here. Then click your Source button to enter Source mode. By typing these things in in advance, it will help you identify exactly where in your code you need to paste your slide show code.

Edited 03/19/09 3:35 PM
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 8:02 PM - Response #2

Speaking of columns, can someone tell me how you create them?
Thanks Smile

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 8:09 PM - Response #3

Simply click on your table icon and insert a 1 row x 2 column table. If you want a margin space between columns then insert 3 columns instead of 2, and leave the middle column blank. Type your content in cell 1 and cell 3. It also helps if you top align cell 1 and 3 so you dont' wind up with uneven column tops.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 8:20 PM - Response #4

Wow you are like a jack rabbit getting around these forums. I don't know how you do it. Thanks for the quick response!!Smile

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 1:58 AM - Response #5

We have a little secret for that. But, I'll never tell what it is. Smile

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 7:51 AM - Response #6

Where is the table icon? I do not see it. Thanks

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 8:08 AM - Response #7

It is on the 2nd row of icons, right-hand side, it looks like a square with a dark highlight at the top. The mouse over hint says "Insert/Edit Table"

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM - Response #8

Make sure you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox. The FCK Editor only supports "source code mode" in Google Chrome and Safari until we upgrade to the new editor.

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 10:38 PM - Response #9

I have tried making these columns and I am getting it all wrong. I cleared out the page to start over. I followed your instructions (several times). I don't know what else to do after trial and errors. I cannot get the code to fit in the long and narrow column and I do not know where to type in Slide show 1. Is that in captions or summary? I think not. Do I create one cell, try to paste, then build the next and repeat? It is kickin our butts. Currently, our page is blank. This is a learning experience and cant learn unless we ask. Please attempt to explain step by step, or hey, feel free to go in and tell us then how it was done. Small joke, I know.

Friday, March 20, 2009 at 10:39 PM - Response #10

p.s. using I. Explorer

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 4:03 AM - Response #11

Thank you. We found it.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 4:11 AM - Response #12

good grief. I was simply replying back to say we found the table icon and give thanks..---big time delayed response. Sorry for the confusion. I thought it would reply back to the helper and not below most recent comment. I thought I could go back and edit/.cut. Please disregard. Please go back to above request for advice. Nothing has changed. Signing off; burning the midnight oil.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 10:12 PM - Response #13

Please put the code for both slideshows on the Memory Lane page. Right now I only see one slideshow there.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 10:43 PM - Response #14

I have both slide shows posted now. Thank you~

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 12:36 AM - Response #15

I put the slideshows side by side by putting them in a table. When you're getting into things like embedding source code inside of table cells, it's helpful to know a little html. It's very easy stuff, and a simple Google search for "html tutorial" will give you all kinds of basic tips and tricks.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 at 8:13 AM - Response #16

Your continued support and the seemingly tireless effort is so very much Appreciated. Impressive. Amazing.
I didn’t know what to search for. I now have Googled html tutorial. I will study up. It is a relief to now have this page set up. Once again, a big THANK YOU.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.