ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Double E-mails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/04/21 07:41 PM Views: 374 Replies: 5
Monday, January 4, 2021 at 7:41 PM

Happy New Year!
Hope this finds one and all safe and well, anticipating better days to come!
For the past few months the monthly emails sent to the class have sent doubles. Is this something that I am doing or something that can be remedied?
Thanks in advance for any help. The class is beginning to think that my Some-timers and Old-Timers are merging and symptoms of more to follow!
Here's to 2021! Thanks Brad and Crew for helping us through, and making Virtual Reunions a "thing"!
Tusen Takk!
kris

Monday, January 4, 2021 at 7:58 PM - Response #1

Hi Kris,

When you send an Email the Class the only way someone would receive a duplicate is if they have an alternate email address added under their contact information. They can edit this themselves under Member Functions > Edit Contact Info. or you can check and edit it for them if needed under the Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates and the Details page for the classmate.

I checked and I see you are saving drafts and you might be sending tests but those tests should only be going to anyone you list on the test. I don't see duplicates on the sent list or in the logs for your Email the Class messages.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, January 4, 2021 at 7:58 PM - Response #2

Hi Kris,

When you send an Email the Class the only way someone would receive a duplicate is if they have an alternate email address added under their contact information. They can edit this themselves under Member Functions > Edit Contact Info. or you can check and edit it for them if needed under the Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates and the Details page for the classmate.

I checked and I see you are saving drafts and you might be sending tests but those tests should only be going to anyone you list on the test. I don't see duplicates on the sent list or in the logs for your Email the Class messages.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, January 4, 2021 at 9:16 PM - Response #3

Hope this is taken in the right state of mind - a duplicate post about duplicate emails Very Happy

Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 12:20 AM - Response #4

Hi and Thanks for the response. Thanks for the smile as well, Jack!
Although I have not heard any feedback from the class, most will not reply anyway. I receive doubles of all my email the class messages, almost simultaneously. Maybe I am experiencing COVID crazy brain, but will not stress about it and check it again...we had to postpone last year’s reunion and it does not appear hopeful for one this year so am not feeling urgency at this time. Just trying to keep encouraging others to reach out in a virtual reunion of sorts.
Thank you to Brad and the entire crew as you continue to help us all keep in touch in these unprecedented days of challenge and uncertainty.
Stay well and a better year to all.
Thanks again.
kris

Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 3:49 PM - Response #5

Hi Kris,

Your duplicate I can actually fix right now. You added your email address to non displaying classmate that I assume was a test classmate C. Worthy You can either delete that profile if you no longer need it or you can login to that profile and turn off all notifications under Member Functions > Notify Me.

Your explanation this last time helped me realize this issue is not the issue others are having - your email is actually listed for two profiles.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.