ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How do I limit registrations?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/09/19 01:31 PM Views: 592 Replies: 3
Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 1:31 PM

We have an activity scheduled that has a maximum capacity of 15. When one time slot fills up, I can add another time slot 30 minutes later. How do I limit an event to only 15 total attendees? This will be a paid activity, using the credit card option only. I understand that it would not be possible to predict how many would pay via check vs credit card, so the credit card only option seems preferable...but I don't know how to limit the capacity to 15. Suggestions?

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 8:32 PM - Response #1

There is no way to have the program limit the number of registrations. You could put in the description that the first 15 to sign up will be able to attend the event. Then keep watching the registrations and as soon as you get 15 reservations, edit the event and don't allow any more registrations. If you already had a 16th registration, just contact that classmate and tell them that they were too late to register and then delete their registration. If there is a cost to this event, you would refund their purchase price first before deleting their registration.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 8:59 PM - Response #2

Leeann,
Under your event, you can add a Registration Question. I suggest something like this:

This event has a maximum capacity of 15. If your registration is #16 or higher, we can add another 30 minutes later. If needed, would you like to be registered for the second one?

Choose a YES or NO reply. You may want to make this mandatory... your choice. And please, reword what I wrote. Smile

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 10:21 PM - Response #3

Thank you! I will give that a try before I resort to taking reservations through a different site. Great idea!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.