ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Profile vs In Memory Pic

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/11/10 04:47 PM Views: 1672 Replies: 5
Monday, January 11, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I'm confused. When I add a classmate to the In Memory section & upload a current picture, does it replace the high school picture in the Classmate Profile section? The In Memory posts, where I have no current picture, utilize the senior pic, but where I have uploaded a current pic, the senior pic no longer shows up in the classmates profile. I could have sworn it was not like this originally. Did I just imagine this or is there something I can do to keep the senior pic on the classmates profile & the current pic on the In Memory page? I would like to keep all senior pics on the Classmates Profile page.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM - Response #1

Can you give me a Classmate name as an example? If you upload a new "In Memory" pic, that has nothing to do with Yearbook Photos. I.E. it will NOT override any yearbook photos. If that happened I have a feeling you may have inadvertently uploaded a recent "In Memory" picture using the Yearbook Photo upload area instead of actually being in your In Memory area.

Let me clarify the process:

If you add somebody to In Memory and you don't add a photo, the yearbook photo automatically carries over and is used as the In Memory photo. If you add an In memory photo later it will replace the yearbook photo on the In Memory entry, but it will NOT replace it on the Classmate's Profile, where the original yearbook photo would still be used.

Mary Joan Ballard wrote:

I'm confused. When I add a classmate to the In Memory section & upload a current picture, does it replace the high school picture in the Classmate Profile section? The In Memory posts, where I have no current picture, utilize the senior pic, but where I have uploaded a current pic, the senior pic no longer shows up in the classmates profile. I could have sworn it was not like this originally. Did I just imagine this or is there something I can do to keep the senior pic on the classmates profile & the current pic on the In Memory page? I would like to keep all senior pics on the Classmates Profile page.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM - Response #2

OK Brad, I think I understand. If I go to the Classmates Profile & click on a deceased member it takes me to their In Memory page & shows the current photo. The only way I can view the high school picture on the classmates profile page is if I check the "show yearbook photo" box. Am I correct?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM - Response #3

That's correct Joan, although I would add that on the "In Memory" page we have an auto link feature that links back to the Classmate's original Profile (if there was one). Administrators can toggle this link on or off at their discretion. This way you give Classmates a way to go back to the original Proifle and view it if they want to.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 12:12 AM - Response #4

Brad, I went back & checked the "link to profile" box but it still does not go back to the original high school photo in the classmates profile. Is it because none of these classmates had ever logged on to the site & created their profile? I uploaded the senior pic & it is still available when I check the Show Yearbook Photo. Had they created a profile, their profile page would still be available from the Classmates Profile page, right? Thank you for your help!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 at 12:16 AM - Response #5

If they HAD a profile, then there will be an additional link at the bottom of the In Memory page for the classmate that says something like "Click here to see the classmate's last profile" (probably worded better than that).

If they never had a profile, no such link will appear.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.