ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Emojis show as ??

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/26/22 06:23 PM Views: 3238 Replies: 1
Saturday, November 26, 2022 at 6:23 PM

I've seen several threads that address emojis. Many of my class use tablets and phones for accessing our site. There are several areas where emojis work, but when posting comments on another classmates profile, they always show as " ?? ". As I said, I have seen other threads and there seems to be no answer other than "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't"

My specific question is: What does it take to have emojis work when posting on a classmates profile? Is there a setting *I* can change as Admin or is this a Class Creator item?

I mean I can add emojis in the page editor and even in this ForumRolling Eyes, but not where my classmates want to see them - in the posting of comments in another classmates profile?

Edited 11/26/22 7:41 PM
Sunday, November 27, 2022 at 12:12 AM - Response #1

?????????????????
Stuff here is coded into code here. There is no setting per se.

These appear to work more generally. They worked in my email. Not sure if universal yet. So this is test. See if it works for you. Nope, CC code is INTERFERING again. They used to be more flexible and then some newbie got in there and screwed it all up. Sigh.

Forum code is not decoding my link correctly nor my post. It's one of the problems with old code that is scanning text to make sense and it gets confused.

Can't even post as "code". Search for "emoijis copy and paste" and you should be able to find the page. Sorry. I put link in test page below

Works in regular email and even on a CC page but not comments HERE

Edited 11/27/22 12:22 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.