ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to Create a GIF for Animation

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/23/17 12:25 AM Views: 1281 Replies: 4
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 12:25 AM

How to create a GIF (moving series of images). Remembering the old Burma Shave sign posts, I wanted to animate a series of signs to display on our website. A search of the web resulted in numerous sites that showed many of the slogans, some even sorted by the year they appeared, but none were exactly what I was looking for.

I wanted an animated display like the one found here Burma Shave 2017Click. By the way, if you do view this and like it, you can click "Show embed codes" in the lower right hand corner to get the Link, a Bulletin Board Code, or the HTML that can be copied and pasted directly under "Source" on any web page.

To create the GIF, I took the Burma Shave images, that were displayed as separate sign boards sitting on top of each other in a single image and using Serif PhotoPlus to "crop" each sign panel, and "Export" that image as a separate photo.

Once I had the individual "signs", I imported them into a GIF creation program called ImgFlip.com (they also have a nice Meme maker). There, you click "Upload Images" to import your series of images using the "Images to GIF" option (the link takes you directly to this option, but they also have a Video to GIF option).

If you name your images in numerical order, they should upload in the proper order, (1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc.) Click to create your GIF. You can use the site for free, but if you create an account, also free, you can save your work, refer back to it, or email links to others to view or post.

The creation program will permit you to name your GIF and to set the timing of how fast the frames display. The Burma Shave 2017 GIF uses 2,500 ms between frames, with two blank frames between sign segments to provide a visual separation between sign groups.

As mentioned above, creating your GIF and clicking "Show Embed Codes" will give you a link, a Bulleting Board formatted code and an HTML formatted that you can copy and paste into "Source" on any of your web pages.

(And feel free to copy the Burma Shave 2017 for your site if you like it.)

Edited 02/23/17 12:34 AM
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 12:29 PM - Response #1

Great info!!! I wish I had all that time to be able to do this! Thanx for the instructions.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 2:33 PM - Response #2

Would you please provide the websites you found for the signs by year?
Thank you.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 3:58 PM - Response #3

Mary Ann Wooten wrote:

Would you please provide the websites you found for the signs by year?
Thank you.

Be glad to, it's Burma Shave Jingles and also FiftiesWeb.com

Edited 02/23/17 4:01 PM
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 8:19 PM - Response #4

Thank you so much for your reply and your help.

I have another problem, which maybe you could help me with?

I created a Gallery and embedded the photos, but when you click on the link, there is no slide show. I also tried to add music to the page without any luck.

The link to my site is: http://www.sahs1967.net/
The gallery creator is named Our State/Our Town. The song was Country Roads.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.