ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Member Locked Out???

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/22/13 12:49 PM Views: 1146 Replies: 5
Friday, February 22, 2013 at 12:49 PM

A member of my site keep asking me to change her password but she keeps forgeting it. Now she says she is locked out. I just changed the password again last night for like the 7th time and today she still says she is locked out.

What if anything can I do. Does one gets locked out if I change their password many times?

Thanks

Friday, February 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM - Response #1

I need to know the IP address in the message that she is getting so that I can un-ban her. She was locked out due to too many failed login attempts. She needs to WRITE DOWN her password Smile to avoid this in the future.

Have her ty to log in again. The page that she is directed to will have the IP address information that I need to unban her.

Friday, February 22, 2013 at 5:25 PM - Response #2

Please see below the error that comes up when she tries to get into the site.

Request Cancelled: Issue 101 [208.118.189.2]

I sent her an e mail asking for the IP address. Her name is Marnel Williams.
Scott I will admonish her to wtite down her password.
Will I need to remove the current password I used? Please advise.

Thanks

Friday, February 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM - Response #3

She was banned from the website from guessing the wrong password too many times. That is what the FORGOT PASSWORD link on the home page is for.

Have her try again. It should be fixed.

If you have a password you have created, tell her the password, then have her change it and write it down.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 2:52 PM - Response #4

Sorry to say THIS MEMBER LOCKED HERSELF OUT AGAIN. Yesterday she sent me an email to reset her password. I did and she still says she cannot login.

I figure she didn't change the last password after she logged in. Please reset it and I will call her and do a step by step with her while she change her password.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 3:53 AM - Response #5

The IP address of 208.118.189.2] was not banned. I don't know what the problem would be. Find out what email address she is using. Tell her she needs to use the Verizon.net email to sign in.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.