ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

PRIVACY QUESTION

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/08/11 01:38 PM Views: 1154 Replies: 2
Friday, April 8, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I copied this from someone - I hope it's okay - If it is not tell me and I will take it right down. I think I have some classmates that would really be encouraged to sign up if they read this privacy disclosure to reassure them the safety of this site. Now I need to be reassured that this is true. Do I as administrator have to change some settings to make this disclosure true or is that automatically defaulted into the system and needs no attention on my part?

This is what it says:

PRIVACY NOTICE:
All contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address) entered into this website will be kept confidential. It will not be shared or distributed. Your contact information is private: When someone clicks on your name, the only contact information they will see is your city, state and whatever information about yourself you choose to put on your Profile. You can grant permission on your Profile for your address and phone number to be seen. Your e-mail address can only be seen by the Site Administrator. All messages are sent internally through the website by using the contact box at the bottom of your Classmates Profile page.

Friday, April 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM - Response #1

The statement is true. You don't have to make any changes to your website because this is the default behavior.

If you create a new profile question that says HOME ADDRESS, then that would be on the PROFILE page and not the Contact Info page. Then the statement wouldn't be true because it is on the PROFILE page and everything on the Profile page is shown to classmates.

The information on the Contact Info page isn't shown to classmates unless on the Profile page they answer certain questions (like show my birthday or show my address).

Friday, April 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM - Response #2

Thank you so much. I feel better now! Very Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.