ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Restriction

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/28/12 06:51 PM Views: 1250 Replies: 2
Saturday, July 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM

What I want to do is this. I have three volunteer Historians (very prominent people in our area) that have agreed to post stories about historical events in the lives of military veterans from our area as well as about a POW camp that existed in our area during WWII. I have created a "Our Historian's Area" and created "Historian #1", "Historian #2" and "Historian #3". I want each historian to be allowed to post their stories on their own, for lack of a better word, place. I want what they post to be available to the public but I do not want anyone else to be able to respond to what they post. They can respond elsewhere but not on the historian's pages. How can I do that?

eaglelakeveteransmuseum.com

JC

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM - Response #1

You could go to your User Forums, Add/Edit Forums, then change those three forums to READ ONLY by clicking on the forum name, then choosing the Read Only drop-down to YES. This might also prevent those historians from posting their stories unless you give them ADMIN rights to the User Forums and tell them to change the forum from Read Only YES to Read Only NO, then post their new forum post and then change it back to Read Only NO. They might not need to change the Read Only status if they have ADMIN rights to the User Forums. I have not tested that yet to know for sure.

Monday, July 30, 2012 at 8:50 AM - Response #2

Thanks. That was what I was trying to work around. I believe now that the best way to do it is to just moderate all posts for that forum and allow only the historians to post. I was also trying to work around that so that I wouldn't have to be "on alert" all the time.

JC

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.