ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Click on word to go to another page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/28/09 09:54 AM Views: 1514 Replies: 11
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I was wanting to know how to high-lite words on a page so you would go to that page. If you look at my site; I have a message about playing golf. I would like to have MESSAGE FORUM fixed so people can click on the words and go right to that page. How do I do that?

Thank you!!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 10:45 AM - Response #1

The quick way without using an HTML code is to highlight the words "Message Forum" in your announcement (or whatever words you want), and click on the hyperlink button (the button that has a globe and a chain on it) in the visual editor. In the URL, type in www.tuscola79.com/class_forum.cfm

click OK

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM - Response #2

Thank you so much!!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 1:23 PM - Response #3

I tried this, using my class web address/page. When I went back to the home page to try it, got an error (404, I think), saying cannot find this page on our server. I tried it with and without using the .cfm. Don't know what I'm doing wrong..

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM - Response #4

The link I see on your home page is working fine. Should I assume you got it working, or is there any other link somewhere still not working?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM - Response #5

The two links, I tried to make work, I took out and gave up.. CLASSMATE PROFILES and HIGH LIFE PICTURES, in the annoucement paragraph, are the ones I tried tolink to the pages..
Those other web links on the home page, I just copied and pasted the address.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM - Response #6

Ok, let's start with just Clasmate Profiles. Highlight that word with your mouse, click your chain link icon, and then put in this link:

http://www.classcreator.com/Frankfort-IN-Frankfort-Senior-1960/class_classmates.cfm

Then save. Let me know if you get that working.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 2:56 PM - Response #7

Yes, I got that one working.. So, we have to use the classcreator address, not our domain address ?
I tried to do the High Life one and it didn't work.. I used same address but put in http://www.------1960/highlife.cfm..

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM - Response #8

Oh I see. Yes, you can also just link to this address:

http://www.fhsclassof1960.com

And your home page will come up.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 4:45 PM - Response #9

Brad,
If I put in my domain address in the link, my home page will come up and if I put in classcreator.com, I can link to a page within my site.. Is that correct?
I tried to connect High Life & Pictures to the said page, but it didn't work.. I used the same formula you wrote for the classmate pictures, but, tried entering high life, highlife, highlife & pictures, just couldn't come up with the right wording..Kept getting error..

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM - Response #10

No, you can link to any page on your site using your domain name. The best thing to do is just go to the page you want to link to, and copy the entire address from your address bar to your clipboard. Then just paste it into the link box and voila, you've got it. In this case, you're wanting to link to this page: http://www.fhsclassof1960.com/class_custom2.cfm If you click on that link you'll see it works. I can link to the page using your domain name the same way you can do it on your own site.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 at 5:41 PM - Response #11

By golly, I think I've got it... Thanks. I've wanted to learn how to do that for a long time..

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.