ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Extremely Technical Question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/07/09 06:43 PM Views: 1081 Replies: 3
Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I don't know if I can explain this strange problem because I hardly understand it myself but here goes!

When I downloaded the class list for making labels this particular classmate's last name was indented to the right a few spaces for some reason....but I manually corrected that.

The last name of this classmate is TRUE. When alphabetically sorted, this name always appears at the end of the list. I'm sure Excel is interpreting the last name "True" as a "logical function".

I cannot figure out how to tell Excel to interpret the word as just text. It doesn't matter what the cell formatting is.

I guess this is not really a ClassCreator problem but I was hoping somebody might know how to correct this odd situation.

Thanks for any Help!

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 7:54 PM - Response #1

I'm sure this isn't the perfect answer but it should work. can you temporarily change the name on the spreadsheet to Truea (just add an extra A so it treats the name as text). Run the sort and then take out the extra A.

I'm sure Excel gurus will have a better fix - sometimes improvising works just as good as fixing Smile

Edited 05/07/09 7:54 PM
Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 10:48 PM - Response #2

If you put an apostrophe (') before the last name TRUE, it will allow the name to become left hand bound.

Friday, May 8, 2009 at 10:08 AM - Response #3

Thanks for the replies. Using the apostrophe worked great the sort came out perfect.

Thanks so much...I knew I would find good answers here! Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.