ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

updating database

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/02/18 02:38 PM Views: 469 Replies: 1
Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 2:38 PM

In preparation for our 60 year reunion, a team of 6 or so classmates has been feverishly searching for missing addresses, emails, etc. working from a downloaded Excel file of the latest base and manually adding/correcting to it. What is the best way to merge the new data into the old without manually editing each classmate? For,example, if I have a column of addresses in the correct order (some changed and some not) how would I batch update just the addresses without affecting any other fields?
Also, how can I be sure that I have an accurate backup in case the merge doesn't go as planned?
Thanks,
Mike

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 2:54 PM - Response #1

Unfortunately, there is not a way to batch upload data like this once a site and profiles have been established. You will need to update them one by one. The only exceptions would be for those members who have not joined. Technically, you could go to Manage Classmates > Upload Classmates > Reset Classmates > and then delete ONLY the member who have not joined for whom you have new information. Then you can use the template to upload the new data for those members only.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.