ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Bouncebacks

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/05/16 09:51 PM Views: 901 Replies: 12
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:51 PM

I just want to go on record saying that having the classmate fix the bounceback is a pain in the butt!

Most of those people do not know what they are doing, and I end up spending literally HOURS helping those (who care!) back in. Last night it was two hours for three people. I have one tonight who is not responding to me so has probably gone on to something else in his life.

WHY can't after talking with the classmate can we not change the email (usually old) and password if needed. They know they need to change it as soon as they get in.

We have people trying to register. This is so much worse than five years ago and we've kept it simple, no store or extras.

I love Class Creator, but this part of it has been a major issue. These people aren't getting information, and it's more time and work for me to follow up on each person. I guess I should mention I am managing a class of over 500 and right now have 15 bouncebacks.

Is anyone else as frustrated about this as I am?

Denise D.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 11:42 AM - Response #1

Hi Denise,

You can change their email address and their password under Manage Classmates > Enter/Edit Classmates. For security reasons an email will go to their old email address letting them know their email address has changed and also for security reasons you can't see their old password, however, you can change it for them and they can change it under Member Functions > Change Password once they successfully log in.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 12:08 PM - Response #2

Thank you, Jessica. What I have been doing is going in, changing password, then going in AS THEM. (With permission of course) Then I change the email. It seems you are saying I can do this in one fell swoop them.

We have a very wide variety of ppl in the class, many computer illiterate. This particular night I was dealing with a musician, computer illiterate, and also literally a rocket scientist at NASA. And his wife.

I have another letter which has not been responded to, but it seems I can do that all at once. (His last login was over six years ago!)

I think this will be easier. Thanks again!

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 12:59 PM - Response #3

Yes! We can change email addresses and passwords - if they really do need to be changed. And so can members - if it dawns on them that they need to. But the flaw in the current method is that many people don't log in until they're reminded of a reason to do so. And if they're bounced, they don't get any more reminders to log in and don't see the instructions to 'un-bounce' themselves.

And that's more frustrating when many of the bounces are caused by some temporary 'glitch' which isn't something the members have any control over. Not to mention the fact that we can see it, but can't do anything about it.

We've asked in the past that CC write a small program to scan the reject messages and reset 'soft' bounces. That's not perfect since every bounce is an email the member will never see. But it's a step in the right direction to address at least part of the problem.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 1:13 PM - Response #4

I personally see many bounces from Bellsouth. If I don't have a good phone number, I'm at an end.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 1:39 PM - Response #5

I cleared the few bellsouth ones that you have. Bellsouth is continuously overloaded and sends their version of a busy signal especially near holidays when there is a large volume of holiday sale emails going through their system. We can clear that type of bounce for you if needed. Unfortunately their responses are not consistent or clear or even complete many times. We have talked with them over the years and they have stated their system is not being upgraded so I can only assume their capacity issues will continue.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 2:41 PM - Response #6

Thank you, but ugh Bellsouth!

Denise

Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 9:55 AM - Response #7

Jessica, could you please release Sherman Barton.? Have been in touch and it was a server error. Thank you, Denise.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 11:16 AM - Response #8

Done.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM - Response #9

????????

Thursday, April 7, 2016 at 2:31 PM - Response #10

Jessica cleared the bounceback status of Sherman Barton.

Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 5:35 PM - Response #11

I had someone lig in, saw the message that she could change her email address if necessary. She did that, but was not given the option to click a link to send N email to her new address. So now we're stuck and I don't know how to get a new pop up message to her. What do we do?

Monday, July 18, 2016 at 4:52 PM - Response #12

If she enters a new email address that will clear the bounce from the prior email address. It does not out a link to her new email. You can send her a message on her profile and see if that goes through to her.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.