ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Countdown Widget Embeded

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/17/13 10:28 PM Views: 1028 Replies: 1
Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Help. I would like to embed a countdown widget on our site. I created the widget, got the HTML code and pasted the code onto the page. WHen I made the page active, I expected to see the clock on the top of the page. All I saw was the widget code. Would someone help me with this problem? I followed the directions on the site when I created the countdown clock, but each time when placed on the page, just code. I even made the page live so see if would publish.. Nope.. nothing but code showing on the page. Help, please. Thanks. Ron

Edited 11/17/13 10:29 PM
Monday, November 18, 2013 at 2:07 AM - Response #1

Hi Ron,

Embed codes need to be inserted into the coding of the page. To do this, click on the SOURCE button in the upper left of the editor window tools. If you are not familiar or comfortable in the code area, do this first:

Before clicking on SOURCE, add four to ten returns (ENTER) on the page where you want to insert the widget.

One return (ENTER) is this in the SOURCE of the page: (Note, I've added spaces between the symbols and letters or this will not appear to you.)

< p >
    & n b s p ; < / p >

So click on SOURCE and place your cursor behind the 3rd complete code ending in < / p > and hit enter once. PASTE your widget embed code there.

You may choose to remove a few of the ENTER codes in SOURCE to remove the extra space or wait until you preview it first BUT don't forget to SAVE the changes first. You can save when looking at the SOURCE, if you wish. When you look at the page in the edit window, you will not see anything but a blank space. Save your page and view it to see the widget as it should be.

Now after sharing this "how to", I found the 45th Reunion page on your site that is not active. If the string that was very large above the "45th Reunion Party Weekend" is what you thought would place a widget on your site, it will not. That is a web page (URL) address, not embed code for a widget. It is meant to provide a link to the page where you made the countdown. What you made was a "page", Ron. It is found at the link on the page: http://countingdownto.com/countdown-page...on%20Party%20Weekend|54093540|4 (Note: I changed the link to 12pt font as it was so large it can cause other problems on the page.)

Countdownto.com does show that widgets are available on their home page. It is at the top "Website Countdown Widgets". I was not able to make and get an embed code for you from there as I have not paid the subscription, however I did make one in two different sizes and placed them on the page for you to choose. If you can get an embed code from the site you make the countdown page, you can input it as I described above. There was a difference in the countdown of days between the two and I have no idea which is right. One says 290 days, the other 291.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this or call the office. You are off to a good start, Ron. Enjoy!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.