ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How To Turn Off Class Creator Ad?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/28/10 09:29 PM Views: 1280 Replies: 7
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Original post title modified...

How did I turn on the Class Creator ad at the bottom of the right column? I'm pretty sure I turned it on--maybe not. If turning it off affects the $50 Refer A Friend I may leave it on.Cool

Thanks.

Edited 07/29/10 9:46 AM
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM - Response #1

It's ok if you want to turn us off, we still like you anyway. Just don't ever ask us for any help again (kidding).

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to home page
3) Uncheck the Class Creator banner

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 10:27 PM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

It's ok if you want to turn us off, we still like you anyway. Just don't ever ask us for any help again (kidding).

1) Click Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to home page
3) Uncheck the Class Creator banner

Yet another item I stared right at and didn't get it. Thanks.

The primary reason I am disabling it now is because every time I go to your CC home page it starts playing the video and I never have found any way of turning it off. I don't want classmates clicking on the ad and going to the home page to listen to the video every time. Please add obvious controls to mute it / pause it / stop it / close it.Mad

We are to small and feeble to set up a Pay Pal business account so that classmates can pay online. I haven't looked into it further yet but I sure hope we can all pay donations by check...and how does this get set up? We will waive the opportunity of being non-profit and filing tax forms galore. But who do we send the checks to?

Thanks.

Edited 07/28/10 10:29 PM
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM - Response #3

In our "spare time" we need to redo our entire site anyway. The current sales page was fun but it's got to go.

You can use any of your 8 available Customizable Links pages to ask for donations. Simply tell people who to send the check to. Pretty much that simple, although personally I'd set up the PayPal Business account and automate it. It's very easy to do that no matter how small and feeble you think you are. Smile

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 9:48 AM - Response #4

Thank you, but now that I'm curious about it, is there any way to stop your home page video from running every time you go to that page? I suspect that the simple answser is, No. But if there was a way to stop the video I would display your banner ad on our site again.Smile

Edited 07/29/10 9:55 AM
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 9:53 AM - Response #5

No, any viewer would have a mute and a volume controller. Although I agree with you a pause button etc. would be better than self-running, there would be little reason to rework that video because the entire video is going buh bye. In fact so is most of our entire home page, the new one will largely just be video with little text content. And yes, it will have a pause button. Smile

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 9:57 AM - Response #6

Oh, the day has started and our posts crossed. Any ETA on the new page then? Thanks.

Edited 07/29/10 9:58 AM
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 12:58 PM - Response #7

No specific ETA yet, we have to finish up a major overhaul of the system (a several week project) before we even begin on the new page. And then there's video shoots and other things so it'll be awhile in the making.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.