ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Yellow Sticky Note Widget

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/18/09 05:56 PM Views: 2147 Replies: 17
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I have seen the Refridgerator Widget, but has anyone seen a Yellow Sticky Note Widget that classmates can leave on the web page?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 6:35 PM - Response #1

I just made one on www.imagechef.com.

They have lots of good stuff.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 7:15 PM - Response #2

They're also available through pyzam.com.... I have one on the Bulletin Board page of my site. Smile

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 7:49 PM - Response #3

thats exaclty what I want...whats it called?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 8:16 PM - Response #4

Gees, I had trouble finding it again, too! Anyway, go to pyzam.com and login. Click on the tab across the top that says Flash Toys. Then click on the tab on the upper left that says Most Popular. Then scroll down the list to Flash Toys and click on Post It Note and copy the embedded code to your page.

Bada boom bada bing....
Sandie Very Happy

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 8:33 PM - Response #5

K - I'm pulling it onto the page, but I can't edit the note. What I want to do is put the note on the web page and members can change it as they see fit. Something like the fridge magnets ya know??

Is there something special to do when pasting the code?

Edited 03/18/09 8:35 PM
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM - Response #6

Hey, I think this is a great tool, but, I can't find a place that will take it on our website, I went to Pyzam, and copied the code. Came back to our website, but, nothing will take it, I tried the home page, no place for it. I don't have a bulletin board, is that what I need and how do I do that? Thanks for any assistance, you all are terrific...I love reading up on everything. Tammy O'Grady Alley Medford Senior High School - Class of 1969javascript:addSmiley('Very Happy');

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM - Response #7

Hey, I think this is a great tool, but, I can't find a place that will take it on our website, I went to Pyzam, and copied the code. Came back to our website, but, nothing will take it, I tried the home page, no place for it. I don't have a bulletin board, is that what I need and how do I do that? Thanks for any assistance, you all are terrific...I love reading up on everything. Tammy O'Grady Alley Medford Senior High School - Class of 1969Very Happy'

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 8:59 PM - Response #8

I have set up a PacMan page and want to add the post-it above the game so people can log their high scores.....

I can get the note on there but it won't let me change the message like it does on the other member's site.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM - Response #9

I don't know... try embedding it again; but, first make sure you remove all traces of the previous code which is best done after pressing the Source button when you're in your editor... and, be sure you log into pyzam.com with a valid e-mail address and a password. After embedding it to your page, view it in normal mode. Press where it says on the Post It, "click here to change message." Then type your message and when done, be sure to press "save" on the Post It. That's how the one on my site works anyway; however, I've had it posted there for awhile now... so, unless Pyzam changed it; but, mine still seems to be working fine.

As far as where to post it on your site... try creating your own Bulletin Board page from one of your available customizable pages. The more interactive flashtoys/widgets that you have on your pages, the more your classmates will view those pages.

Good luck to ya ~
Sandie Very Happy

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 9:53 PM - Response #10

That's exactly what happened. It seemed that Pyzam may have changed it. I found one that can be edited on RockYou.

I added to tmy PacMan page and will see if the users like it.

I'll open up the PacMan page so you can see what I did.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 10:26 PM - Response #11

Yep... your Post It note works fine now... left ya a message. Glad you found it on another flashtoy site. I'll have to check out that site myself. Smile

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 10:40 PM - Response #12

You said you got the Post It on your site from rockyou.com? Now it's my turn... where exactly on that site? The one I see that they have is not the kind where visitors can leave messages like the one on our sites.

Also, where'd you get the Pac Man game? Love it! Wink

Edited 03/18/09 10:41 PM
Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 8:45 AM - Response #13

The not I actually Googled and I thought the address was something on RockYou, but I see that Pyzam has an add beside my note....

I'll find the forum note about games in a sec.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 8:47 AM - Response #14

http://www.rockyou.com/helpspace/myspace/Flash_Toys_-_Post_It_Notes

that's the link to the editable postit note

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 8:50 AM - Response #15

Bev from Marshaltown HighSchool posted this code and a few others in a past thread. Search the forum for PacMan and you will find the others as well.

Cheers!

PacMan code:

border="0" src="http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/CIMP/Jmx*PTEyMDg5MT
cxMzIyMDMmcHQ9MTIwODkxNzIwNzc4MSZwPTU2MzUxJmQ9Jm49.jpg" />
height="500" scale="ShowAll" loop="false" menu="menu" wmode="Window" quality="1"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:58 AM - Response #16

Hi Jason,

I love reading every single topic posted in this forum. It gives us the opportunity to learn and opens the door to infinity of bright ideas. I love the editable posted note you have on your site, would you mind sharing the code at all? Wink

Anna

Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 7:28 PM - Response #17

I asked a classmate if PacMan would be a good idea in "The Commons". (The Commons - a large room with tables, chairs and a Coke machine we had in our new school 1968-1970.) He thought it was a good idea. So while he went to flip his chicken on the grill, I came here. Thanks for the code; I had PacMan up and running before he returned.

Y'all are fantastic!

I did go for the Post-It note. The link was NG (no good). Still looking.

Gwen Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.