ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to do links

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/03/09 02:01 PM Views: 1426 Replies: 5
Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I know you guys have helped me on this before and I read a couple of your conversations on how to do links, but I can't figure out what I keep doing wrong. Something isn't clicking with me! Embarassed

I am trying to link my football section to another announcement that is not active, that will have homecoming pics from this year. I did the link the way I thought I needed to do it and I have reversed it too thinking I had the anchor on the wrong thing. It must be the way I have worded it or I am leaving something out! Can someone help me! Thanks!Very Happy

Edited 10/03/09 2:01 PM
Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 2:22 PM - Response #1

If you are talking about an "INACTIVE ANNOUNCEMENT", this is not possible because Announcements are not real pages, but appended to the ANNOUNCEMENTS section of the home page.

If you are talking about an ACTIVE announcement, but you want to put a link at the top of the page that will take you to that announcement that is visible on the home page, but either up the page or down the page, this is possible by using ANCHORS and LINKS. What you would do is create an ANCHOR in the announcement, by clicking on the ANCHOR icon and giving the anchor a name, maybe FOOTBALL. Then go to the HOME PAGE CONTENTS and type "CLICK HERE FOR FOOTBALL SCORES" and then select that text and choose INSERT/EDIT LINK. Instead of a URL, choose the Link Type of ANCHOR. And insert the ANCHOR name that you used, FOOTBALL.

If you are talking about inserting a link to a deactivated Custom Page (or even an ACTIVATED custom page or a survey), FIRST right-click on the custom page (if it is inactive, activate it first, right-click on the link) choose Copy Link Destination. This will save it to the Paste Buffer. Now Edit Content and then just type "CLICK HERE FOR FOOTBALL" and then select that text and INSERT/EDIT LINK. For the URL, just paste the link to the destination you want for the link.

Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 4:29 PM - Response #2

Well Kyle, I don't know what I keep doing wrong. I have been working on it for a while and I followed your great instructions, but there is something I am doning wrong. It keeps taking me to a page that says "Ooops, This link appears to be broken". My link is under the football pics on my home page and I titled it "Push Here For Homecoming Pics" and I titled my achor "FOOTBALL HOMECOMING PICS". I still must be doing one little thing wrong int he URL section or something!Embarassed

Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM - Response #3

I remembered last time I had this problem because it wasn't all one word, so I went in and changed my anchor to just the word "FOOTBALL". Still didn't work! Embarassed

Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 5:02 PM - Response #4

Which page do you want your link to go to?

Are you wanting to go to your Survey Page, "Homecoming Pics"?

Edited 10/03/09 5:09 PM
Saturday, October 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM - Response #5

Yes, but before I read your message I changed the link name to Homecoming 2009. Thank you for any help!Very Happy

Edited 10/03/09 10:45 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.