ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Who's Online

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/26/14 11:58 AM Views: 772 Replies: 9
Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Admin Preferences WHO'S ONLINE

Some Classmates may not prefer their presence be known while browsing your site. If this is the case with your site, you can allow Classmates to hide their names when online.

Allow Classmates to hide their names when online
Do not allow Classmates to hide their names when online

Where is it that a classmate has the option to hide their name when online?

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM - Response #1

If you have the right-side module active that says "who is online", it will show their name, then at the bottom of that window, it has a link named "hide my name". They click this link and POOF, like magic, their name is not shown.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 2:52 PM - Response #2

That's how I have it set up and I see on my homepage that it reads Logged in: Rhonda

No one else sees that, correct?

What if I want classmates to see that I'm online (which I don't . . . just curious)? How would I change it?

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 3:31 PM - Response #3

I think the answer is: If you want classmates to see that you're online, at the bottom of the "Who's Online Now" window, click "Show My Name."

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 3:55 PM - Response #4

I sure don't see a Who's Online Now window. Maybe that's my problem.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 4:10 PM - Response #5

See if you have activated the "Who's Online Now" module/window: Admin Functions > Edit Site Pages > Home Page --- Edit Page > under Right Modules see if "Who's Online Now" is checked Active. You also have the option to check the "Logged In*" box.

Once you have activated the "Who's Online Now" and "Logged In"" boxes, you'll see the "Who's Online" box on your home page.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 6:56 PM - Response #6

I do have the box checked Active. There is NO login check box. Is there supposed to be one? If I click on the option to the right "Hide/Show Login Link" this is the message that shows:

IMPORTANT: While your login box is inactive, you cannot log in to your site without having the link to the alternate login area for your site. If you intend to leave your login box hidden, please bookmark this link now, before you leave this page:
http://www.BHSRAIDERS1972.COM/login.cfm

So, it seems that I must have my Login Box hidden. But, if I click on the link it gives (above), I'm taken to my homepage. ????

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 7:29 PM - Response #7

Rhonda, I'm confused... Are you working with the "Login Box" or the "Who's Online Now" box? Your name shows up in the Login box when you're logged in, and everyone else will show their name in their Login box as well.
But the "Who's Online Now" right-side box will show everyone who's logged in. The option appears to be different, depending on what subscription you're under, but there should be a "Hide Me" option by your name, or under that box if you don't want to be visible. In my case, it shows that I'm set to "Online" or "Do Not Disturb" since we have IM and it's actually set there.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 7:43 PM - Response #8

You do not have the right side module active.

Login Box          Hide/Show Login Link
   Who's Online Now?         Edit Privacy Control
   Poll         Manage Poll
   Donate         Manage Donations

Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 8:14 PM - Response #9

omg, finally . . . I was confusing the Who's Online Now with the Login Box . . . #1 Response, duh! Embarassed I've got it now guys! Thanks for your patience!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.