ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Putting classmate video on site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/10 09:21 AM Views: 1512 Replies: 9
Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 9:21 AM

We just had our 50th Reunion last weekend. I have had several classmates contact me to tell me that they have videos from the reunion. Is there a way to place them on the website?

Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 11:59 AM - Response #1

There's a variety of ways to put video on the site, but by far the easiest is simply have your Classmates upload the videos to YouTube and provide you the embed code. Then just copy and paste the embed code to any page of your web site.

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 5:52 PM - Response #2

Sharon Hostetler wrote:

We just had our 50th Reunion last weekend. I have had several classmates contact me to tell me that they have videos from the reunion. Is there a way to place them on the website?

Hey Sharon -- we're all wanting to know how your reunion went!!

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 6:20 PM - Response #3

The really great thing about YouTube is they recently increased the maximum time a single video can run to 15 minutes.LaughingLaughingLaughing

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 7:53 PM - Response #4

The Reunion was great. We had a large turn out, and I credit the web site with that. I see you will be having yours in 2011. Hope you all enjoy yours as much as everyone enjoyed ours.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 7:45 PM - Response #5

The one video of our reunion was taken by a classmate. It was important to her to include everyone introducing themselves, # of kids, grandkids and so on.

I'd like other Admin thoughts on posting this on YouTube. I feel it is much like their profiles on the site, which are password protected.

Thanks in advance,
Gwen

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 7:50 PM - Response #6

If I'm not mistaken you can post a video on YouTube and mark it to NOT come up on the regular YouTube search results. Then you could password protect the page here and embed the video without anybody else able to see it.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM - Response #7

Just when I am about to put the video aside, you come right back with a reply that makes me sit up and move forward. Before I head over to YouTube...

Brad: Please close this window. Please.

- - - -

Admins:
I'm going to write this in a whisper....

Brad is fantabulous, isn't he?

Now don't tell him I wrote that, I'll deny it!

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Edited 10/26/10 8:06 PM
Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 8:08 PM - Response #8

Footnote:
Recent out-patient surgery and being stuck at home is getting to me, isn't it?

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM - Response #9

I closed the window immediately when I read your instructions to do so, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Wink

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.