ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Responsive Design - Background Image Options

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/26/16 04:16 PM Views: 1366 Replies: 3
Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Is there a way to set a background image on ONLY one page? IE: I would like to have a background image used on my Home Page, but have all other pages have a plain white background.

Edited 10/26/16 4:17 PM
Friday, November 25, 2016 at 9:46 PM - Response #1

don't know about that, but I have a problem with a background behind the right panel that is transparent (makes it hard to read the words), but the left panel is solid over the background. Maybe we can get help on our problem.

Friday, November 25, 2016 at 10:55 PM - Response #2

You can manually modify the background and other elements by using custom CSS overrides.

For the home page, remove the background (say none) and then in the editor for the HOME page only, add the image desired in SOURCE mode using CSS described below. The other pages will then default to none.

The background for the whole page is set by body background and the page itself is #wrapper.

You might need both depending on how you set up your design. Only #wrapper if the design extends across the page with no edges.

Other attributes can also be set/changed for specific pages vs the overall choices in Design Choices.

I'm not sure what is meant by the left panel vs right panel since they look OK (not transparent). Was it changed?

To explore CSS names and settings, view home page in source mode and search for custom.cfm or use the inspect feature of your browser. Open custom.cfm to see the basic design controls.

Here's a CSS reference that starts out with exactly what we are talking about - background http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/

Monday, November 28, 2016 at 2:28 PM - Response #3

Thank you very much Jack.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.