ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

What happens after "Contact" form is filled in?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/28/10 02:16 PM Views: 1933 Replies: 14
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Here's what one sees now after completing the Contact Us form:

http://screencast.com/t/ODQyOWU0O

How about adding a link to the Home Page? Or to the previous page they were on before getting to the "Contact Us" form; or both those options?

(Using the back button will take them back to the form they just completed.)

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 2:41 PM - Response #1

To me based on the scenario that could be kind of strange. For instance let's say I was submitting a survey called Reunion Survey. After submitting it I then decide to send a message to the Administration through the Contact Us form. And after submitting that, I then see a link "Return to Reunion Survey." I have no particular need to go back there, and I suspect with most pages it's a similar scenario. Plus I wasn't just there anyway, I had clicked Contact Us to do something different. With 1 click I could get back to the Reunion Survey anyway, or the home page for that matter too. You're not even saving a single click by adding extra links to the Contact Us success page. I guess the way I see it, why add more stuff to the success page if we're really not serving much purpose. People can already go anywhere they want on the site next anyway. . Just brainstorming out loud John. Smile

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 3:02 PM - Response #2

OK, forget the "previous page" idea.

I got the idea from Class Creator. Rolling Eyes There was a place where after doing something, individuals have three choices - can't find it right now. One was the Home Page, the other two were??? (I haven't had my coffee yet.)

And the Contact Us form might be used by a total novice to our site -- for example, someone who hasn't logged in, visits the Classmate Profiles page, doesn't find their name, scrolls to the bottom and clicks on... The Contact Us link.

AND some of my classmates are OLD (OK, ALL of them are OLD) and Internet NOVICEs using their grandkid's computer and need to be walked through everything.

Remember "Press ANY Key?" "I don't see an ANY key!"

Edited 07/28/10 3:09 PM
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM - Response #3

So long as you both are "brainstorming out loud" I was on someone's site yesterday. Typically I have about 20 or more windows open all at the same time (when you have a 27 inch monitor things like this can easily be done) and would have loved it, had when I clicked on "Contact Us" opened either another browser WINDOW or TAB. Instead I got a window telling me my message had been sent (with no copy of it available to me) and I lost my place when I closed it -- losing everything -- ho hum such is life I guess!

Here's what I'd like:
1. At least the ability to have a copy of the message that I just sent or at the very least get an e-mail copy sent to me automatically.

2. When I click on "Contact Us" that you set it up using the HTML tag so dummies like me have a sporting chance at find our way back to where we thought we were, but probably aren't.

Thanks and I wish you both a Wonderful Weekend!

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM - Response #4

John Chidester wrote:

I got the idea from Class Creator. Rolling Eyes There was a place where after doing something, individuals have three choices - can't find it right now. One was the Home Page, the other two were??? (I haven't had my coffee yet.)

I found it - after using the "send email" box at the bottom on an individual's profile you see three choices, one of which is the home page.Laughing

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 9:07 PM - Response #5

(I haven't had my coffee yet.)

Poor OLD John Chidester--looks like it's not JUST the Coffee that is holding him back:

Previous Post:
Posted Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 12:02 PM
Most Recent Post:
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 5:57 PM

LaughingLaughingLaughingRazzRazzEmbarassedEmbarassed

I just couldn't resist===

Edited 07/29/10 9:09 PM
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 9:07 PM - Response #6

If we opened the Contact Us page in a new window, not only will some people have popup blocker issues there, numerous people wouldn't like it. And I'm sure some would. A lot of people don't like having two instances of the site happen automatically. I'd avoid a new window scenario unless there's a real need for having a second window.

I believe one of the options after sending a Classmate message was to return to Message Center, which makes sense, that's where you just were and that's where you quite likely want to go back to. With the Contact Us form we wouldn't put a link back to the Contact Form of course, and we have less ability to predict where somebody might want to go next. That's the rationale behind this anyway. Pulling your hair out yet John? Do I think this is a very big deal? Nope. I'm really open to whatever users want here. I do think whatever it is needs to be standardized though, this isn't the kind of thing where we want to start cluttering up the interface with options. That being said:

AFTER SUBMITTING THE CONTACT US FORM, WHO WANTS TEXT HYPERLINKS ON THE RESULTING PAGE? IF SO WHAT SHOULD THEY BE?

WHO DOESN'T WANT ANY LINKS AND WANTS TO KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS?

WHO DOESN'T GIVE A DARN ABOUT THIS?

WHO HAS NO HAIR LEFT TO PULL OUT ANYWAY?

The floor is yours.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 9:17 PM - Response #7

John Chidester wrote:

Here's what one sees now after completing the Contact Us form:

http://screencast.com/t/ODQyOWU0O

How about adding a link to the Home Page? Or to the previous page they were on before getting to the "Contact Us" form; or both those options?

(Using the back button will take them back to the form they just completed.)

You are too much..what the happened to my Black Cowboy outfit!!!!Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling EyesWinkWinkCoolCoolTwisted EvilTwisted Evil

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 9:29 PM - Response #8

Brad Switzer wrote:

Pulling your hair out yet John? Do I think this is a very big deal? Nope. I'm really open to whatever users want here. I do think whatever it is needs to be standardized though, this isn't the kind of thing where we want to start cluttering up the interface with options. That being said:

AFTER SUBMITTING THE CONTACT US FORM, WHO WANTS TEXT HYPERLINKS ON THE RESULTING PAGE? IF SO WHAT SHOULD THEY BE?

The floor is yours.

I took me a few moments to realize that your question was directed back to me, Brad. With two John C's here, things can be confusing at times. But then I thought and remembered I'm the one who has "hair on my head" LaughingRolling EyesVery HappySmile and the other John "has it elsewhere!! SadShockedCrying or Very sad"

I think you already know MY answer to the question and which links? HOME UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT (I'll think about this more).

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:25 PM - Response #9

Brad Switzer wrote:

If we opened the Contact Us page in a new window, not only will some people have popup blocker issues there, numerous people wouldn't like it. And I'm sure some would. A lot of people don't like having two instances of the site happen automatically. I'd avoid a new window scenario unless there's a real need for having a second window.

I believe one of the options after sending a Classmate message was to return to Message Center, which makes sense, that's where you just were and that's where you quite likely want to go back to. With the Contact Us form we wouldn't put a link back to the Contact Form of course, and we have less ability to predict where somebody might want to go next. That's the rationale behind this anyway. Pulling your hair out yet John? Do I think this is a very big deal? Nope. I'm really open to whatever users want here. I do think whatever it is needs to be standardized though, this isn't the kind of thing where we want to start cluttering up the interface with options. That being said:

The floor is yours.

I say it is simple and easy to use now. KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS...

I am a believer in KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid........ this works well for us 68 year olds...Very Happy

Edited 07/29/10 10:26 PM
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:49 PM - Response #10

I'm with Derrell, leave it like it is.Very Happy

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 7:59 AM - Response #11

You guys and gals break me up!

As an aside John don't you love it when a classmate doesn't put in their year of birth (always a woman). Like we don't know about what year they were born?

I also subscribe to the KISS principle, don't change it

Friday, July 30, 2010 at 6:56 PM - Response #12

While I'm not

just yet, it's looking like our days might be numbered John!

Edited 07/30/10 6:57 PM
Friday, July 30, 2010 at 7:23 PM - Response #13

John -- as soon as Brad threw that open, I knew I'd had it...

Stick a fork in this one it's DONE.

"It ain't gonna happen."

And who was Brad referring to with the 'hair' comment? Just because I'm wearing a hat* doesn't mean there's no hair under it!

[*] And still, no one has commented on the logo on the hat --Click for a closeup-- I'm wearing in the present iteration of my "Master Photo" Darlene even wants my "Kenny Rogers" look back. Rolling Eyes

Now THAT ain't gonna happen either. Stay tuned...

Edited 07/30/10 7:50 PM
Friday, July 30, 2010 at 8:11 PM - Response #14

John Chidester wrote:

[*] [i]And still, no one has commented on the logo on the hat --Click for a closeup-- I'm wearing in the present iteration of my "Master Photo"

Now THAT ain't gonna happen either. Stay tuned...

John, I agree with you 101%. I was almost certain that no matter which way I answered that question, I was BOUND to loose. If it weren't for the fact that four or five of us were having so much fun (especially when the "youngsters" are off partying), in all probability no one would ever knew I existed.

As for the hat and such you're wearing, I told you one thing you can rest assured about--I'm the last person to ever spill the beans. Some of my clients used to think I worked for the US Secret Service, little did they know! Your secret is safe with me John.

I do have to say John, you really did look very stunning in that black outfit, but I understand the reason for changing. Enuf' said!

Take note: LaughingGood thing I don't choose sides,Embarassed PatExclamation...SandyExclamation....DerrellExclamation and all you other MULES (aka conserv....)CoolConfused

Edited 07/30/10 8:11 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.