ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Email to class

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/24/15 07:32 PM Views: 784 Replies: 3
Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 7:32 PM

I just sent out a class email. However, before sending I was reviewing the list of recipients and noticed that highlighted were the names of those classmates for whom I have an email address but who have not yet joined the website. Previously, under some rule that I don't remember, if they had not joined the website, email would not go out to them. I had to un-select each one.

Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 12:23 AM - Response #1

This is a known issue that we are working on a solution

Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 11:31 AM - Response #2

Kyle,
As we used to say in IT, "That's not a bug, that's a feature!" In this case, dropping back to the old email rules and giving us the options we used to enjoy using has been a blessing - with welcome results!

Doreene,
Until this week, we could only send site generated email to joined members. This week we again have a choice to send an Email To The Class to (1) everyone who has an email address, (2) only to joined members, AND (3) only to non-joined members who have an email address. Plus a few more selection options as well.

So far this week, I've heard from three other sites (and my own) who are delighted that they got unexpected joins because an email went out to non-joined members - reminding them that our web sites are here and encouraging them to come see what they've been missing.

While this change may not have been intentional, it was a welcome addition to the tools we have. And we're going to be very disappointed if these options disappear again.

Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 12:15 PM - Response #3

If I understand the new feature correctly, the current emailing of non-joined classmate will remain, but if you select any non-joined classmates, you must check a checkbox saying you have permission from the classmate to email them. This puts the burden of getting permission on the admin and not on ClassCreator.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.