ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Forums

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/03/18 09:40 PM Views: 586 Replies: 5
Friday, August 3, 2018 at 9:40 PM

I am planning to create a forum where classmates can post prayer requests, and news for other classmates.

If anyone has done this, can you share how you created the page, and give me samples.

Also, would a classmate have to opt out of receiving the forum updates, if the didn’t want to receive them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 2:53 AM - Response #1

As far as opting out of receiving forum updates, I believe this is determined by how a classmate, under Member Functions, has configured his Notify Me settings for the line "Pages on the site have been added or updated." Options are Immediately, Once Daily, or Never.

There is another topic under General Discussion, which discusses the options for prayer requests, which you may wish to view.

Our class has decided to offer the opportunity for classmates to submit prayer requests to the administrators via the Contact Us link, which we'll then post on our Latest News page. We'll likely have a section on the Latest News page for Prayer Requests and another section for News.

Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 12:03 PM - Response #2

Here is the link for more recent discussion on this topic.

Prayer Requests Page

Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 5:05 PM - Response #3

All members control their own notification settings.
Under Member Functions
Notify Me
"A new response is posted in the Message Forum" Immediately, Once Daily or Never.

If you are talking about the User Forums, a member needs to subscribe to a message, forum, or post to receive a notification.

Edited 08/05/18 11:34 PM
Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 10:55 PM - Response #4

Thank you for your quick response. Your way sounds easier than how I was going to do it. Thank you again.

Sunday, August 5, 2018 at 9:11 PM - Response #5

Today, we activated our Prayer Requests feature on our Latest News page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.