ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Image Source URL is Missing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/01/19 06:42 PM Views: 903 Replies: 5
Thursday, August 1, 2019 at 6:42 PM
AHS Error.PNG

Follow up . . . I downloaded Firefox and attempted to upload an image, and I'm still having the same issue as when using Chrome. Please send any advice on how to successfully upload a file. I have been using Chrome for several years, and until recently, not had a problem.
When I upload an image I receive an alert box that say image source URL is missing. Also, that my settings have changed.

Friday, August 2, 2019 at 1:21 PM - Response #1

After the step where you click the Choose File / Select > and then locate and open the image... are you clicking the button to the right that says Upload? You must click that Upload button for the image to be sent to the server.

Friday, August 9, 2019 at 11:26 AM - Response #2

Thank you for the Response!

My name is Abel and I am Kathys Tech Guy.

After the initial Image Source URL Alert box, we are able to press the upload button with the image selected, but when it is successfully uploaded to the server gallery it uploads the image rotated 270 degrees. I have to use CSS to get the image in the upright position. Recently Kathy has not been able to upload images without the upload window appearing and me coming in and adding style so the images are upright on the webpage.

Can we expect to add styling to all images in the future? The weird part is that it appears rotated on the the actual webpage for viewing, but if you download it from the 'Save As...' menu it downloads upright. The site appears to be rotating the image.

Thank you in Advance!

Friday, August 9, 2019 at 2:39 PM - Response #3

We are still working on a new image editor install that will allow for edits to uploaded images very soon. We are working out a few bugs at the moment.

Friday, August 9, 2019 at 2:53 PM - Response #4

Abel, the problem is that CC does not recognize Meta data in images that were taken with the camera rotated. Many many posts on this issue.

Fixing this is relatively easy on one's computer. Just load it in an image editor and then just Save with no changes. It now should look the "right" way in various places.

On Windows 10, all one has to do is "rotate" and then "rotate" back and that also fixes it. Depends a bit on what the default one has for doing that though. I think I may have modified it. You can try and if it does not work, use an image editor.

It's actually a very old issue and CC should put a sticky somewhere that described the issue and how to fix Idea

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 12:11 PM - Response #5

Thank you so much for the reply!

I will give this a try and will update soon.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.