ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Features Videos - WOW!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/18/13 03:25 PM Views: 1478 Replies: 21
Friday, January 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM

So far from watching them, all I can say is WOW! And I can't wait to see them.
Is it January 27th yet???? I vote earlier...lmao! Laughing

Question....Does anyone use Paint Shop Pro? I have never been able to understand/run Adobe Photoshop but can easily do PSP with instructions.

Friday, January 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM - Response #1

I'm with you, Jamie! I'm so ready for now to be the 27th!

I have been working on a project for a friend in Photoshop. I'll need to uninstall it when I am done, but have tried to figure out how to do things I did in the past with other programs. I had Paint Shop I Pro...checked... it must have been in the missing-since-the-move box. Sad Bummer. I have several things I want to make, including using the advanced designs! Will have to download the Serif program Brad mentioned during the webinar. Now if only a tutor came with that. Wink

Friday, January 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM - Response #2

I'm with you, Jamie! I'm so ready for now to be the 27th!

I have been working on a project for a friend in Photoshop. I'll need to uninstall it when I am done, but have tried to figure out how to do things I did in the past with other programs. I had Paint Shop I Pro...checked... it must have been in the missing-since-the-move box. Sad Bummer. I have several things I want to make, including using the advanced designs! Will have to download the Serif program Brad mentioned during the webinar. Now if only a tutor came with that. Wink

Friday, January 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM - Response #3

I chuckled when he mentioned in the video that Adobe Photoshop is quite easy to use. I've tried...I've screamed...I've huffed and puffed...and I've given up. I guess maybe if I follow the video instructions to a tee then maybe.
PSP to me tends to be so easy to me. If I can upload the designs with the layers already set up then it should be a breeze.

I was looking at the other videos...I can't wait for those. Too bad they're not with this roll out.

Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:02 PM - Response #4

Yay! I am not the only one fighting with Adobe. I am using CS5. I so wish I could afford classes on using it! The project I am working on is detailed but very basic, so that part is no problem. Yet while I have it, I so wish I could make magic! Wink

Wonder if I'll ever find PSP on Craigslist for a breeze. ha ha ha. To think I bought that program and it is missing, ugh! I can't wait until I've secured a p/t position so I can relax and spend my time home doing what I want to do - not what I have to do. I'd love to get lost in the sites until they are as updated as my thoughts are... Rolling Eyes

Edit/Add: Yes, my thoughts are more advanced than my sites. Wink

Edited 01/18/13 5:03 PM
Friday, January 18, 2013 at 5:03 PM - Response #5

That was Brad just being enthusiastic. Photoshop is one of the least "easy" programs I've ever seen, from the beginner standpoint.

Friday, January 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM - Response #6

I have Adobe Photoshop as well as Camtasia Studio. Camtasia is their newest, and easy to use. Hope Camtasiaa will be compatible for the Custom Templates; I'm pretty sure it will be.

Friday, January 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM - Response #7

Whew! Thanks, Eric! If you haven't realized by now... I want to understand how things work, where the problem is and fix a problem I have myself. Photoshop has been driving me up the wall. I'm so relieved it is not me! I'd still like to get into it though. Cool

Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM - Response #8

I first got into photo work six years ago and began with a free starter version of Serif PhotoPlus and then upgraded to newer versions. Their lastest version is PhotoPlus X5 but I do not like the interface as well so I still use the older version and did all our CC website and reunion booklet photo work with it. I also have Photoshop CS5 but found it very difficult to learn. My recommendation is try the current Serif Starter version first. After all, it is free.

Edited 01/19/13 10:00 AM
Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 12:04 PM - Response #9

Thanks, GarRobMil! Will do, just as soon as I knock out the project I have going in Photoshop. (A simple clean up of very old papers, as requested by a friend.)

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM - Response #10

Since I decided to go ahead and download the software, sure wish there was a test page so we could try and use the free photo plus so when the advanced features go into effect we would already know what to do....HINT HINT!!! LOL!!

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM - Response #11

Don't think we'll have a test page. Smile However, I'm sticking with the things that are necessary here are easy. Photoshop itself can get very complex. But the skills needed for this are simple. Sure it takes some learning. But we'll provide that to all who are interested and I'm confident those who want to do this will succeed. I'll do a webinar just on this for those who are interested. Stay tuned.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM - Response #12

Dang I keep trying and trying to do some convincing...but nope...shut down!! Very Happy
I'm hoping that free program will be similar enough to PSP so it'll be a nice alternative.

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM - Response #13

Dare I say it?
Jamie you are reading my mind and must be reading my private emails! LOL I may have written in a post, as well.... ten (10) days is a LONG time! Now we are down to 7 days or is it less? Ooooo... I have an idea! STAY TUNED! Wink

Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM - Response #14

Jamie... as much as I dislike saying this, (she keys with a sigh) we could find a graphic that is in layers or beg the powers that be for a test graphic for us to practice on. Wink

As they say on a local television ad... just havin' fun.

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM - Response #15

Brad and Company, the videos provided should have the entire ADMIN Community excited. I know I am.

My question is on the Serif PhotoPlus. It appears that this product is just for a Windows operating systems, or I am reading it incorrectly. Please let me know if I am doing something not correct (notice I did not say WRONG, haha).

JohnB

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM - Response #16

... and I thought MAC owners were graphic pros. Wink

Hope it works for you, John!

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM - Response #17

I don't know for sure, but it looks like GIMP (gimp.org) also has layers and can import a .psd file, so you should be able to use GIMP to manipulate the .psd file for your advanced heading of your website.

I have used GIMP, but I am not an advanced user, so I haven't figured it out yet.

GIMP is a free program and has a MAC version.

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM - Response #18

Correct - GIMP saves as PSD. Use Export (not Save).

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 7:52 PM - Response #19

From the videos that Brad posted, it only needs to IMPORT the .psd file. After changing, it should be saved as a .jpg file before it is uploaded to the advanced templates page.

Friday, January 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM - Response #20

What I meant is that to preserve the layer aspects, it has to be saved as PSD (or one of the formats that support layers).

That makes it much simpler to tune/refine the image after one finds out it just doesn't look quite right on the page. Other formats work too, just not JPG. JPG would be a final save for upload - but keep a PSD version around before one does that.

However, one doesn't really have to start with PSD for that matter. That's not really obvious from the information in the CC videos.

You can do layers on top of ANY image without starting with a PSD, PNG, etc. Many of the more advanced features of editing programs let you add layers to any image from any image format. Then when you save to JPG, some warn you that the image will be flattened (meaning all the layers will merge).

Adding overlaying text is a common example of 'layers' without actually using a 'layer' format.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:24 PM - Response #21

FYI...Paint Shop Pro works with this!! Just involves a little bit different tweeking!! Guess I know what I'm working on today!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.