ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Missing Classmates E-mail

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/27/09 12:28 PM Views: 1177 Replies: 3
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Hi. I'm not sure if there is a post regarding this, but I did look and didn't see anything so I will ask. When someone goes and sends an e-mail to a missing classmate, is there a way to retreive those e-mail addresses? If they send an e-mail from the home page, I can understand if that's not tracked. But if they go to a Classmate Profile and send an invite, can I retreive those addresses?

Thanks.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 12:33 PM - Response #1

See this thread. Your question is a little different but I'm kind of thinking the same issues apply. Somebody inviting a missing classmate isn't really intending to give out that person's private email address to anybody else. Although I'm a little more on the fence here, as clearly these emails are attached to a specific classmate's name, unlike the home page random email address entry box. Am I being too paranoid here?

Edited 01/27/09 12:38 PM
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM - Response #2

Thank you.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 12:45 PM - Response #3

Not at all paranoid! I completely understand the privacy issues. I just joined this site recently and people are slowly joining. I was only curious about this. Most people I at least have street addresses for and we will announce the new site along with our reunion invites. I'm sure more will join as time goes on.

Thanks!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.