ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Posting to a particular persons profile

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/21/16 04:15 PM Views: 945 Replies: 12
Friday, October 21, 2016 at 4:15 PM

To Whom it may concern,

We are trying to post a message on a particular persons profile and keep getting the message:

"Sorry Julie, you cannot post comments to Laura's profile at this time."

Does this have anything to do with the cyber attach going on today? I've heard that twitter is off line

Friday, October 21, 2016 at 4:25 PM - Response #1
2016-10-21_1323.png

This is what I am getting

Friday, October 21, 2016 at 9:30 PM - Response #2

No we've had no unusual activity on the system today. Each classmate can set their own preferences to allow classmates to post to their profile or not.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 4:39 AM - Response #3

To amplify on Jessica's Response #1, under Member Functions, click on Edit Profile. Near the bottom, you'll see "Classmate Comments. Allow Classmates to enter comments on my Profile page (you have the ability to hide or delete comments)." I'll bet Laura has not checked the box, so Julie cannot post a comment to her profile.

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 1:35 PM - Response #4

If that's the case (and it probably is), then my suggestion is to make the message say that Laura does not allow comments at this time vs getting an ambiguous statement.

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 2:01 PM - Response #5

Or... The system should be consistent in how it handles the Allow Comments box {LINK}

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 5:17 PM - Response #6

Thank you John, this is an EXCELLENT idea and I support it. Seems like a simple change.

BTW, comments for this particular student are working again!!

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 5:18 PM - Response #7

Jack I hope CC will use your suggestion.

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 5:58 PM - Response #8

Jessica, can I change that as an Administrator? This classmate is past on so she can't change it now.

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 6:12 PM - Response #9

You can, using Edit Classmates, and editing her profile. Page down to see the options near the bottom. But for an In Memory classmate, I'd recommend making the Allow Comments box unchecked. For a classmate In Memory, it would be better if the system turned the Allow Comments off as part of an In Memory move and then enforced the No Comments setting. Any additional comments at that point should only be allowed as additional In Memory comments.

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 6:27 PM - Response #10

Hi John,

I have made sure that I have "Laura's" Allow comments box checked and I am still getting the message I mentioned in the previous post. This seems like a bug to me.

John, I also agree with your follow on comment about the "In Memory" Classmates as it sounds logical.

Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 10:04 PM - Response #11

That's one of the 'inconsistencies' I referred to in my other thread. It's because she's In Memory. There are some places (like the What's New page) where it appears that you should be able to post a comment but... you get that message if the person is In Memory - no matter what the state of the Allow box is.

Edited 10/22/16 10:08 PM
Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 11:08 PM - Response #12

Yes, understood John and I still feel it's a bug...

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.