ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Audio Files

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/21/09 05:13 PM Views: 1758 Replies: 4
Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Brad,
A classmate sent me 4 audio files of teachers teaching back in 1961. I'm attaching one of them. Oops, I guess I can't attach as it exceeded 800KB. In any event, What's the best way of placing these 4 audio files into some kind of player where a classmate can push a button and play each of the 4 tracks? 3 files are around 14 meg and 1 is 5 meg.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 at 7:06 PM - Response #1

I used to recommend the Reverb Nation player here for this, which was really great, but Reverb Nation is now making it very apparent they want you to be an artist with your own songs to use their widget. There really isn't another really good free third party service I've seen for this. There are a whole variety of paid programs that will work fine, such as Flash Audio Wizard which I think is really great and also super easy to use. With this you can turn your audio files into little streaming players or buttons, and upload them right to your File Vault and stream the audio directly from your site.

The only other good way of making your own streaming audio is using sophisticated software like Adobe Flash to do it, which is great if you know how, but ordinary mortals need not apply. Something like the software above is your best bet if you want to convert and stream the audio on your site yourself.

If you try this let me know and I'll assist you with getting your audio files streaming from File Vault.

Edited 11/21/09 7:07 PM
Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM - Response #2

Brad, I used widgetbox.com to obtain a player for my site to play music my band made 40 years ago. It is on my "Music" page. I uploaded the mp3's to the filevault and then inserted the link on the widgetbox page. It worked great for 3 songs but I couldn't get the other 2 songs to work in a widget. The music page is password protected but you must be able to view it. Jim

Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 8:55 PM - Response #3

I see the 3 on the page that work, but I don't see the 2 that don't work, so I don't know. Let's start by having you post the full path t the two audio files that aren't working though. Let's make sure you've got those paths themselves correct, as the path alone would most likely be the problem on something like this.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 9:59 PM - Response #4

Brad, I gave up long ago trying to get a widget for the other two songs to play on. I simply made a link to the files and they play in Quicktime or whatever media player the viewer is using. My message was mainly to suggest widgetbox for people to use to get a player for their sites. I never had much luck with reverbnation. The only problem with the players I used is they only have a single play rather than a play list. Thanks for the quick response. Jim

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.