ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Who's Online Question

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/28/15 01:06 PM Views: 876 Replies: 5
Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 1:06 PM

As shown below in Preferences I have a couple of options re this feature.

"WHO'S ONLINE

Some Classmates may not prefer their presence be known while browsing your site. If this is the case with your site, you can allow Classmates to hide their names when online.

Allow Classmates to hide their names when online
Do not allow Classmates to hide their names when online"

My question is about the first option, viz: "Allow Classmates to hide their names when online." If I exercise that option and a classmate selects it is the name hidden for that session only or does it continue apply to any session thereafter also?

Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 4:09 PM - Response #1

My experience is that it stays, i.e. set it once and it's on (Don't Show Name) from then on.

Sam (another '58'er)

Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 4:18 PM - Response #2

Thanks for the feedback, '58er. Of course that raises another question on my part. Can the classmate who has opted to have their name hidden reverse that decision?

Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 6:32 PM - Response #3

The toggle switch 'Show My Name' does that (on or off). If off i.e., 'don't show my name', it remains that way until the member toggles it back on to 'show my name'. Logging off / logging on does not affect the toggle switch status (until the member takes action it will remain in the status that the member last used to set it).

WHO'S ONLINE NOW
No registered users are online right now.
Show My Name

Edited 11/28/15 6:36 PM
Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 9:36 PM - Response #4

Thanks for the explanation. It sure clears things up.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 8:03 AM - Response #5

I have found that on occasion the "hide my name" drops off. It can be reset as long as you allow it on your site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.