ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Abandoned Orders lookup?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/29/23 07:08 PM Views: 266 Replies: 8
Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 7:08 PM

If we have users start an order from the Event Planner Registration process, but leave that order before getting to the final "Submit", I know we can look at that user, and "Manually Register...", and pick up where they leave off.

Question: is there a page/report that can show us a list of orders in that status (abandoned) at a point in time, like today?

Thanks for help,
Rick

Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 7:13 PM - Response #1

Hi Rick,

Although you can Register a Classmate under Quick Links in Event Planner it doesn't store their progress so far - it just starts a new order.

We don't have an abandoned order list.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 7:39 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Jessica. Then something weird is happening over here.
A user Holly L(T) left the registration un-submitted, but followed our link to our PayPal payment page.
Our money admin got the _PayPal_ confirmation, but we never saw a ClassCreator registration confirm email.
SO... I went into Event>RegisterClassmate...and there were her three events and her $25 non-event donation, as if waiting for me to finish. (And, admin cannot ADD a donation for a classmate, it seems? But on Holly's,her $25 was editable) So that's a mystery. Caching? I don't think I had ever looked at Holly's registration before).
Weird, huh...
Rick
(Abandoned orders might be something to check with Developer department to add someday.)

Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 8:30 PM - Response #3

Hi Rick,

It was a completed transaction. Transaction ID#: 390558. She simply used your instructions to pay via your alternate method after the fact and you then were able to add in what she paid the same way you would have if she paid by check.

I would consider that a completed transaction awaiting the payment entry (and now a completed transaction with the payment added after you added all of the amounts received into the boxes provided)

Jessica

Sunday, April 30, 2023 at 2:48 PM - Response #4

Ok, I see the logic.
The second question would be:
If she had completed the transaction, why wouldn’t any admins have gotten the emailed confirmation?
(I can see where I need to walk through a test transaction to see what I missed in the setup of that alrnative payment method. )
Thanks!

Sunday, April 30, 2023 at 2:50 PM - Response #5

(BTW, I didn’t add any amounts. The dollar amounts were in the fields. I could have edited them, but didn’t.)

Sunday, April 30, 2023 at 3:19 PM - Response #6

The dollar amounts should have been in the invoiced fields already. I meant you or whoever recorded the payment as received would have added the amounts to the received column. The system would have no way of knowing those items were received unless you or a co-admin added them as received.

Jessica

Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 11:00 AM - Response #7

Thanks, and I hate to seem denser than I am already Smile
But, if the system had thought it was a completed transaction, why didn't admins (any) get the completed confirmation email?
thanks very much,
rick
off-topic(and even though I have the radio button option set to get all responses to this thread, I am not getting responses. Emails are not ending up in my spam,either. Just an observation. Other threads are intermittent. Some responses I do get, some I don't)

Edited 05/02/23 11:01 AM
Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 11:53 AM - Response #8

You likely need to whitelist noreply@classcreator.net

Your email appears to be going through a spam filter service when I lookup the email/MX records. There should be a way to allow/approve that email address and/or domain in your settings.

Some spam protection services automatically filter out noreply addresses unless you add them. We are required to have a noreply address as a system that sends to lists. Please try adding it and sending yourself a test email in the system.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.