ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Menus Covering Content on Customizable Link Pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/03/12 11:54 PM Views: 1156 Replies: 5
Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I have tried and tried, but can't seem to get my customizable page to work right. The menu covers up the left side of my new page. I have created the page, which is, in this case, some ads for classmates' businesses. I named the page "Advertisements", saved the content, then edited the Home Page and put a link on it to my ads page. To figure out what the url of my Advertisements page was, I activated the page by clicking the check box on the Edit Site Pages page. This created a link called "Advertisements" on the menu. After clicking that link to navigate to the Advertisements page, I copied the url, then deactivated my Advertisements page. I pulled up the Home page in edit mode and created a link (called "Click Here" - original, huh?) and pasted the url into the box on the links page. On the Target tab, I chose "Open in a new window," clicked OK, then saved the changes on the Home Page. What am I doing wrong?

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM - Response #1

You have "********************************************" repeated several times with no spaces. This causes problems with browsers because there is no place to wrap the line. You should replace it with "* * * * *" (with spaces) and then the browser will not have problems.

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM - Response #2

Sadly, that made no difference. What else can I try? Thanks SO MUCH for your quick response.

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM - Response #3

When I view your custom page 3, it looks fine. What browser are you using?

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM - Response #4

Never mind my initial response. I had neglected to remove one line of the asterisks that had no spaces in it. It's now working perfectly. Thank you, thank you!

Monday, June 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM - Response #5

you're welcome! Smile

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.