ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Add additional item to header

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/04/10 02:40 PM Views: 2112 Replies: 12
Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Brad,

I’ve researched this and couldn’t find an answer in the Message Forums. Is there any way to add another item in the middle of our header after “Alumni” and before the island picture on the R/H side? I would like to add the moving flag at the top of our home page to the header above it. For military organization I think the flags, they have all services available, of each service would really look nice in that location.

Thanks for all your help!

Mitch

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM - Response #1

Very good question. No. Not at the moment anyway. We have several upcoming "advanced designs", some of which may be under a new package, that will allow users with Photoshop (or anyone with a buddy who knows Photoshop) to customize them in numerous ways not currently possible. You can see an example of one of these designs here.

Using Photoshop you'll be able to add your own pictures, use any fonts in the header that you have installed on your local computer, etc. This will really allow you to customize your site so it's unique to you and looks very different front any other sites in the system. Flyout menus and other things you can also see here in the demo. All designs will be centerable on screen, links sortable, renamable, unlimited page ability and more.

This is all part of what we've been referring to as the "system restructure" that is ongoing. It's a huge undertaking with many more weeks still to go. Most of this should be released to the live system in early 2011. After that we have plans for designs that can be altered right inside your web browser with no need for Photoshop, but this first step will allow those with the software and the knowhow to do some very creative things on their sites not currently possible.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 3:28 PM - Response #2

Hi Harold.

Until CC's new designs and features launch early next year, here's a work-around:

The map is an image that you loaded as the "School Photo".

You could edit this image, making the background twice as wide, but keep the map on the right half. Put your flag on the left half. Then resave them together. Delete the current "School Photo" and upload this new dual image as the "School Photo".

This won't 'center' the flag between the words and the map, but it will put it there in the masthead. Idea

Generally the proportions for the "School Photo" image area are 2W x 1H.

Because the flag is an animated gif, it's not possible to keep it waving unless you have the original files from which this was made. Here's the non-waving version of what I was describing:

Edited 11/04/10 3:59 PM
Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 4:23 PM - Response #3

Brad,

Thanks for the quick reply! Not being familiar with Photoshop I have to ask if you know if we'll be able to add items such as I've asked for?

I would like to know if additional space for pictures, without cost, will be available in the future beyond the 200 MB already available? I'm a big boy so I can take "NO" for an answer. LOL

Mitch

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 4:26 PM - Response #4

I have the original file it was made from. How would I set it up?

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 4:52 PM - Response #5

In sent you an email - click in InBox at the top of this page.

Friday, November 5, 2010 at 12:53 AM - Response #6

No. Smile You can run an entire class web site here with all Classmates participating for about the cost of having 4 Classmates participate on a popular classmate networking system. There's only so much we can do at $9 a month. We are however going to create a new "Platinum" membership package that has a gig of File Vault space, a 500% increase over what's currently available. It was at one time unfathomable that a class web site could use this much space but here we are.

Friday, November 5, 2010 at 12:12 PM - Response #7

Brad,

I didn't think we would be able to have more but I had to ask.

Do you have any additional information on the "Platinum" membership package like cost, when it will be available and features you can discuss at this time?

I never thought we would use anywhere near the 200 MB available but a lot of our members, including myself, have a lot of pictures taken during our time spent at Yokota AB Japan and our yearly reunions. In a years time we've used about 75% of the space available.

Thanks again for all the work all of you do to help us out.

Friday, November 5, 2010 at 4:29 PM - Response #8

Here is a link describing the PLATINUM membership.
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....4ED-AE5A9F73A09CB7C5

You can also do a search in the forums for PLATINUM and get several other links.

Saturday, November 6, 2010 at 12:58 AM - Response #9

Kyle,

Thanks for the up-date. I wasn't aware it was coming. I've looked at the link you provided and am looking forward to joining in the future.

Keep up the good work!

Mitch

Monday, January 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM - Response #10

Have there been any updates? I'd like to change the header name.

Monday, January 27, 2014 at 2:03 PM - Response #11

Cheryl - what did you want to change in the header? Have you looked on the Change Design page to see if you can do this from that page?

Monday, January 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM - Response #12

Thanks, Scott. I set up the title in the header as "My High School" East/"My High School" West. Now I want to remove the East school name because we're now focused on just the West high school.

Your suggestion is good. I will try it soon.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.