ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Page display problems

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/19/08 10:24 PM Views: 1231 Replies: 2
Sunday, October 19, 2008 at 10:24 PM

My Home Page does not display properly in Internet Explorer or Safari. It looks fine with Firefox.

In IE/Safari the Home Page stops at the caption for the Cafe Wollzeile photo. The rest of the content of the page starting with "Why the website?" does not display. When I open the edit page, everything I want to have on the page displays correctly. It also displays correctly in Firefox.

I don't know what to do. Please help.

Thanks.

Clara

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 2:05 AM - Response #1

Clara,

You pasted content form Microsoft Word into your page. What a lot of people don't realize is when you paste in Word content, you're also pasting in a whole bunch of Word code behind the scenes. There was so much extraneous code in there it's amazing that this is all it caused.

I stripped the Word code out of there the best I could for you, but you may have a little reformatting to do.

Here's a tip: If you have content in Word that you want on your web site, first paste it into Notepad. That will strip out all code behind the scenes. And then copy it again from notepade and THEN paste it into your web site. This will keep your text 100% clean and you'll avoid having the "dreaded Word code problem" again.

Monday, October 20, 2008 at 2:46 AM - Response #2

I had read that warning about pasting from Word and I was careful about moving everything to Notepad and copying from there. I guess I wasn't careful enough. Thanks for your help.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.