ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Setting Up The 'Darn' Time Zones??

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/28/10 03:58 AM Views: 1396 Replies: 6
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 3:58 AM

I'm looking for setting the time zones globally to Pacific Time. If a poster wants to use a diffenent zone that's fine but I want the defaults all to be Pacific Time-- minus 8 hours.

I'm pretty sure I found the Preferences for Discussion forums and set the zone there but that still leaves Private email/Public messages where I'm off +3 hours.

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 11:21 AM - Response #1

It looks like you found the settings for the Forums, however that controls only the forums and not anything else on the site. We are currently working on a system that will be more of a "Global / Site wide" time zone setting which will control messages and email time stamps. No ETA right now, but is a current project.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 2:18 PM - Response #2

Thank you Scott. Good to know you are working on fixing this.

Edited 07/29/10 10:02 AM
Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:11 AM - Response #3

Regarding times zones I just noticed something else that surely you will be addressing when you revampt Class Creator's time keeping. When classmates log in it gets date and time stamped easter time rather then pacific time. I now this is hard to understand but physically our site might very well be located back east but logically we are located in South Pasadena, California so for our site statistics sake if someone logs in at 11:59 PM on the 28th, they are _not_ logging in at 2:59 AM on the 29th. But on the other hand its all relative--I'll get over it. I just don't like discovering later on that I missed something and all I had to do was set something somewhere.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 at 10:27 AM - Response #4

I understand completely. Hopefully this project will come to fruition soon to alleviate this issue. Thanks

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 1:49 PM - Response #5

It would probably be a nightmare to keep up with but, on issues like this, do you try to keep a 'tickler file' to go ahead and post to associated threadds [like this one] when the changes are made if the change is not mentioned in an email to all administrators?

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 2:15 PM - Response #6

As you mentioned, that would be a "nightmare to keep up with" Smile Seriously though, we do keep issues that we are working on internally, or under development, alive in the system and can comment on them publicly when there are updates or resolved issues.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.