ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Home Page You Tube

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/14/11 02:22 PM Views: 994 Replies: 3
Monday, March 14, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Can I find instructions for putting a pre-existing You Tube video on our Home Page. I would like it to play in place, but if it opens in a new window (small) it would be ok. If the only way is that my viewer would leave the site and go to You Tube never mind.

Joan

Monday, March 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM - Response #1

We have a help video specifically on adding YouTube Videos to your site. See here: http://www.classcreator.com/videos.cfm

Monday, March 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM - Response #2

Just a reminder to avoid user confusion: YouTube now uses "iframe" vs "embed" method (up to that point in your video steps are the same).

What a user copies and sees is completely different in preview mode - it actually shows the video plus works on iPad ...

Much simpler codeVery Happy

(The instructions in various places all require updating, although old method can be forced - mostly an autoplay issue which new one does not support last time I checked)

Monday, March 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM - Response #3

Thank you, Scott and Jim I remember watching the help videos when I first started this adventure. I think at the time I didn't know who I would use this functionality because I was more concerned with getting my trial account to the point where I could show it to the reunion committee. I'll watch it again and give it a whirl.

Joan

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.