ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Odd question on Google search results having bogus result for my class website

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/20/22 10:26 AM Views: 2905 Replies: 2
Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 10:26 AM

Hello. This is an odd question. It's not significant, but it's odd.

I did a Google search for my Class Creator website name: cheltenhamhs.com

The 2nd item on the Google search is this:

Quote:

Send a Message to Fred Weis, Site Administrator: Please do not enter anything here. If you are blind and having problems filling out this form, please call 734- ...

This is bogus. There is nothing on my website that says this.

Then I searched for "cheltenhamhs contact us" and got this:

Quote:

Please do not enter anything here. If you are blind and having problems filling out this form, please call 734-585-5605.

Well, for starters, my whole site is supposed to be hidden from search engines -- it takes a password to sign in, not even the opening page is visible to the public. My name (Fred Weis) is nowhere on the externally visible part of the website. It is not on the Contact Us form. I did not and would not write "If you are blind, please call..." -- that also is nowhere on the website.

The number given -- 734-585-5605 -- is the Class Creator callback line.

Then if you Google this phone number, you'll see the same "Please do not enter anything here. If you are blind and having problems filling out this form, please call..." message for over a 120 Class Creator sites (on the 2nd - 12th page of the search results).

I know that Google searches can have strange results, but this seems very strange. It's nothing that I wrote, nothing that is on my website.

Scott, Jessica, others: Any clues on this?
It's something in the code that Google is picking up on?

Cheers !

Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 1:55 PM - Response #1

Interesting!
Following!

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 11:25 AM - Response #2

Hi Fred,

This took a bit of digging into. That code was older code that was in place long ago and should have only been appearing in certain browsers that were set up to assist the blind. The search engines historically ignored this code. We checked in on the latest requirements and that code is no longer necessary so we have removed it. The search engines will re-index the system and it will clear out as they index and update across their network. It is not instant, however, it will update.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.