ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding to Hompage - Below Announcements??

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/18/09 01:17 AM Views: 1313 Replies: 6
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I have read through forum topics, but don't see anything similar to this. I hope I'm not bringing up an old issue.

I'm getting the hang of adding things to the home page(3rd party ad ons, message and graphics).

When I do this via the "edit home page" area whatever I add is always above the announcements area...moving it further and further down.

Question - How do I keep newly added items above the announcement sections on the website?

Thanks again

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 1:20 AM - Response #1

1) Click on Post Announcement on your left navigation
2) At the top of the page set your Announcements to appear below your body content.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 9:19 AM - Response #2

Brad,
Right now, my annoucement area is at the top, above my "Welcome" statement. If I arrow it down, it ends up at the very bottom of my page, even under the music player.. Don't think many people will scroll down to see it.. I would really like annoucements to be under my "Welcome". Is that possible ?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 9:24 AM - Response #3

Hmmmm

When I click on "Post Announcement" in the left navigation ... located under Member Functions ...

I see two option (radio buttons) for adding bullets before the announcements.

I don't see what you are talking about....

sorry

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 10:10 AM - Response #4

Hi Jason,

Looks like you may have already figured this out - the order of the content and annoucements on the home page is now controlled under Edit Site Pages - Home Page. Click the edit button and the top item listed is the Content Area of your site - from here you can move your content above the annoucements using the arrows.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 10:12 AM - Response #5

Hi Lynda,

You could make the music player your last announcement - that way it would always appear at the bottom of the page after all other announcements.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 10:24 AM - Response #6

Oh for crying out loud.....I guess the red and green arrows weren't obvious enough for me....

My bad!

Thanks for your patience

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.