ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Statics - Home page hits by class mate?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/12/13 04:51 PM Views: 952 Replies: 4
Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Is it possible to see how many times each classmate has come to the Home Page?

Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM - Response #1

No, that feature is not available. Some would consider it an invasion of privacy.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 5:52 PM - Response #2

However, you can see how many visits and how many visitors you are getting using Google Analytics. It is a good tool to see what is popular on your website and what isn't. It helps you decide what to put on your website.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 6:08 PM - Response #3

You could gather stats like that yourself on those who have joined the website by downloading their name & last login every day or week, joining the files together & eliminating the duplicates. If it's worth it. Excel has some formulas to help do that.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM - Response #4

The privacy concept is an odd one here because we already know who visits by name (as Mary just explained). More so in view of the fact that your ISP knows all the sites you visit (and has log proving you did), plus CC has a similar log. And that's not counting you..know..who.

I think automating this task is not such a big leap from the "tracking" that is already done. Do we tell classmates we can tell when they visit? What would they think?

I think most people know from crime investigations that all electronic communications are tracked. Adding a "counter" will not make much difference in terms of "privacy". I

Google Analytics is a better resource for figuring out page popularity though.

Just another view.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.