ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Show Classname and Year on Birthday notices + wording change

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/25/14 06:52 PM Views: 751 Replies: 5
Sunday, May 25, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I've subscribed to four other classes that are on CC (4 of them).

1. It shows the actual site name on FBCC Notify Me but on CC it only shows the year which is sort of useless. So a link to the actual site should be shown so I can easily modify.

2. Birthday Notices I get from one of those other sites comes in as OUR link to a member for OUR class. So that won't work. Has to be the link to the actual site where the classmate is a member.

3. The subject wording says this
"Firstname Lastname (maidenname) was born on this day"

Should say "has a birthday today" as it says in the body. I know that's somewhat how history links work, but technically the wording is goofy.

(Probably any message from those other sites will come in without a unique identifier - I just happen to select birthdays Question )

Edited 05/25/14 6:54 PM
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM - Response #1

Thanks Jack.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 12:58 AM - Response #2

Didn't they change the 'has a birthday today" to get around some overactive anti-spam filter problem?

Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 2:11 AM - Response #3

Maybe CC thinks that, but the body still has that wording ( has a birthday today ), so it makes no difference. The content of the email is also scanned, otherwise spammers would find it simple to bypass "filters".

The volume of the now generated emails is a much bigger problem ( vs wording )that will soon become apparent to anyone Idea

Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 12:45 PM - Response #4

Jack, can you please forward an example email to customersupport@classcreator.com that way I have an example to give to the programmer.

Thanks

Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 12:53 PM - Response #5

Done

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.