ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Downloading only one class

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/06/09 05:27 PM Views: 1232 Replies: 4
Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Our site has 3 years, and each class is managing finding their classmates individually. I need to download a spreadsheet of the current info for only one class. We want to import the current info into our database spreadsheet, and we don't want the other two classes' info imported also.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 6:10 PM - Response #1

You can't download just one class, but the nice thing about having all info in spreadsheet format is you can do whatever you want with it. In your case just sort on Column L. This will take about 10 seconds and will group all 3 of your class years separately. Then just delete the two classes you don't want.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 6:57 PM - Response #2

Thank you so much! I have not worked a lot with some of the programs (like Excel), so I am learning "on the job"!

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM - Response #3

I can download it to my computer, but when I tried to send it to someone else, she cannot open the content. How do I get the file to her, so she can open it in excel?

Thursday, May 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM - Response #4

Once you've saved the Excel file to your own computer you can simply email it to somebody. Anyone trying to open the document will need to have a recent version of Excel (or one of the free Excel document viewers) installed on hir or her computer.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.