ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Message Statistis

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/19/10 04:11 PM Views: 2212 Replies: 16
Monday, April 19, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Thanks to your fabulous software, our Class of 1960 now has 43 signups out of 115 excluding 11 who are now no longer with us - all within a month, despite that they are spread out over 7 different countries and four continents.

Even the initial sceptics now enthuse about the great pleasure they are deriving from reconnecting with long lost friends and acquaintances.

To me, one of the important measures of website popularity and activity is the number of messages classmates are sending to and fro between each other.
I cannot find that statistic - is it available somewhere, and if not, would ClassCreator consider adding such a counter and making it available?

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM - Response #1

Sure we can add that. Little backlogged here, give us 4 weeks on this one.

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM - Response #2

That would be a great statistic to monitor.. I've always wondered how many private messages were being sent between classmates..

Thanks Brad

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 5:21 PM - Response #3

hi, and you don't think that would be a breach of privacy???

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM - Response #4

Me too--Thank you Michael for asking the question (that I know I should have long ago).

And Thank You Brad. While you're at it, how possible would it be to get those numbers all the way back to when my site was created?

In getting that message count, I sure hope there is a way to differentiate those that us Admin's have sent and those that all the other classmates have sent.

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 5:29 PM - Response #5

Betty Duszynski wrote:

hi, and you don't think that would be a breach of privacy???

Betty, if all we are getting are numbersbut no names or content, I hardly see how that can be a breach of anything. (just my opinion of course)

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 5:31 PM - Response #6

Betty, I don't want to read them, just know how many have been exchanged each day or week...

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 5:32 PM - Response #7

Right. We'd only be showing a total number of messages, no specific names or # of messages sent by specific names. It will just be a number that will give you an overall sense of how many messages are flowing through your Message Center.

No, the system will only track this # from the point of implementation forward.

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 6:02 PM - Response #8

congratulations, for us dinosaurs, it's reasonably simple,even for us from the class of 1960, we are influencing other classes as well .... I started our site in early Sept, we had a graduating class of 120, we have 70 signed up, with 14 deceased and we have located all classmates some of which most of us have not known their location of for 50 years. It's been great fun and the enthusiam unbelievable... We still have a few that do not even have computers, this is a farming community, but at a recent meeting, we had one classmate that drove from Oklahoma to Kansas just for the meeting, and one fool drove in from Texas to Kansas (that would be me)

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM - Response #9

ok, good. i thought it was going to be knowing the contact between people. not the context of the message tho. so sure, i think that would be cool to know amount of connections each day. we have a class of 646, with our 50th this year. and we haven't had a reunion in 40 years so this has been a blast working on the site and getting all the kudos from classmates.........BTW, thanks for all your hard work and the help you have given us........betty

Sunday, July 11, 2010 at 10:03 PM - Response #10

I was just looking for some statistics on messaging within our web site, but I'm not finding anything. Is this still in the works? Do you have an estimate on when it might be available?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 9:01 PM - Response #11

This is now available on your Statistics page.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 10:03 PM - Response #12

Awesome. Thank you so much!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 12:28 AM - Response #13

That is a very nice stat to share.

Now as admins/webmasters, we need to bump those numbers up. How? By contacting classmates individually through the website -- rather than by-passing this system and emailing them individually.

(Not talking about the "Email the Class" function.)

I've gotten in the habit of just sending off individual emails to my classmates via my gmail account. I'm giving up that habit and going for individual emails through their profile at the CC website whenever I can.

This will bring them back to the website to read the messages I post for them and I'll get more hits on the home page when they sign-in -- they might also catch another new feature I've added to the website.

Don't forget to use that top part of your home page to show 'em what's new. Don't put the latest and greatest at the bottom.

Use announcements to push visitors to the newest pages or latest discussions on your website. You can't expect that with 10-12 links on the left side they'll notice when you add or change one unless you feature it.

Edited 07/14/10 12:29 AM
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 3:03 AM - Response #14

Brad, et al,

Thank you so much for continuing to make our sites more meaningful with added functionality and stats. I started our alumni site Aug '09, and have often wondered how many people are actually using different areas of the site. Seeing the stats and knowing that classmates are using it to reconnect increases my enthusiasm to continue maintaining the site. For me its a hobby that I can do in the evenings while traveling for work.

Just wanted you guys to know how much I appreciate your efforts!!

Thx!
Barb

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 5:14 AM - Response #15

Brad Switzer wrote:

...No, the system will only track this # from the point of implementation forward.

When I click on the "Last Year" link in my Message Stats, it shows 990 messages exchanged going back to when I signed up for the CC site in Aug 09.

Are any of these automated emails (at registration, for example)?

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 at 3:26 PM - Response #16

The 990 number is the count of messages sent from one classmate to another, as found in the messages table per their send date, going all the say back to Aug 09.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.