ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can we move classmate update boxes etc, around?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/31/08 03:06 AM Views: 1192 Replies: 4
Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 3:06 AM

Okay, I have a situation. I would like to move the classmate update boxes, or whatever you call them, and the "where they are" boxes around on the page link. Is that a possiblity? I have a graphic letter design that I would like to center on the top of our home page, but those "boxes" are in the way. Can I do this? and if so, could someone please give me some very specific instructions on "how to" I am not a computer guru, and need all the help I can get. email me at ljb3733@msn.com

thanks
Teresa B

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 3:28 AM - Response #1

No, the home page modules are built into the system itself. Even if you could move the boxes somewhere else, you'd still have the login box to contend with. You will soon be able to control the order of your home page module boxes, but they'll always flow down the right column regardless of order.

What is a graphic letter design exactly? Can I see it so I understand what you're trying to do?

Finally, you can actually turn off every last one of your home page module boxes if you want to. You can even turn off your login box. This way you take absolutely control over the entire page and are no longer restrict to the 2 column layout. You wouldn't have any functionality to speak of left on your home page though.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 3:37 AM - Response #2

Hello Brad,

It is just a Reunion notice letter that I created in one of my graphic programs. My husband and I were trying to put it on the homepage, but the form was really small and you could hardly make out the words. I am sorry that I called them boxes, instead of modules. I am not techy whatsoever. My husband is laughing right now! whatever. okay, anyway, thanks for the tips. I will change them now.

Teresa

by the way...I was adding the chat room code to our site, and it did not work. I copied and pasted then clicked the source button and then save. I put it in one of the links for the site and it still won't work. What did I do wrong?

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 3:45 AM - Response #3

Options:

1) Put it on another page and make a link to it from your home page.

2) Make a link to it from your home page that opens your letter in another full sized new winow.

3) Put it on your home page after the right hand modules, thus you'll have the max width available.

Note, when you embed third party code, make sure you click the source button before pasting your code. Then click save. If you paste your code first, and then click source second, it will not work.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 at 3:55 AM - Response #4

Thanks! I will get right on it!

Teresa

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.