ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Registering reunion attendees

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/11/13 07:24 PM Views: 1831 Replies: 6
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I need help. How do I get members registered for the reunion? I would prefer to register each one manually rather than rely on them doing so, but I don't know how to get the option on their profiles either so I am really clueless here. Sorry. I have initiated the reunion process but that doesn't seem to enable me to select members' names and create of list of attendees. Clicking on one name automatically takes me to a fresh page with one name on it. And that doesn't seem to give me an editable list; it just disappears the next time I select a name. Help!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 8:28 PM - Response #1

Susan,

You really don't want classmates to be able to sign up for themselves? OK.
The Reunion Planner, ATTENDEES page has two ADD buttons. One is for classmates and the other is for non-classmates.
Look for this section:

ADD ATTENDEE

You can manually add Classmates and non-Classmate attendees to your attendees list. Click the first button if you are adding an attendee who is on your Class List as either a Classmate or Guest. It does not matter if the individual has joined the site or not. Click the second button only if you are adding an attendee who is not on your Class List.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM - Response #2

If you wanted them to sign up for themselves, you would need to add some registration questions (Reunion Planner, EDIT, scroll down to the first event, SHOW MORE, then review these three check boxes:

[ ]    Include a question with possible Yes, No or Maybe answers on the Member Wizard and Edit Profile pages asking classmates if they plan on attending. This does not register them for the event, but displays on their profile and lets everyone else know if they're planning to be there. Classmates who select Yes will be given instructions on how to purchase tickets.
[ ]    On your Classmate Profiles page, display the total number of classmates who have indicated they are attending. If you have the box above checked, it will include all those who have answered Yes, even if they have not officially registered yet.
[ ]    On individual profiles, display [YES, NO, MAYBE]
   Enable Registrations, which includes custom questions for this event, such as the names of all attending. (highly recommended)

Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM - Response #3

Thanks, Kyle.

We did not use the site reunion registration feature because more than half of our classmates do not use computers at all and a large portion of those who do, are only slightly familiar with them. My problem relates to wanting to use some of the reunion features of the site even though members are not really "registering" for it on the site. We would like to be able to print out nametags, for example. So I planned to manually "register" them here even though someone else is receiving the registration forms via USPS.

I found the Reunion Planner page and tried to manually add each classmate who has responded. I was unable to do that. All that would happen was the name appeared on a new screen but did not go to a list. Not until I added the "Edit Profile Pages" questions did this enable the manual capability. I really didn't want to do that because it will seem confusing to people who think they are already registered to have to do it again. But this is not a big deal since most of our people don't really notice details like that. Smile I hope it won't complicate other features I may not know about.

New Question: Is there a way to manually edit "Amount Invoiced" since we haven't invoiced them through this site? My concern here is that when I add the amount they have paid, they come up with a negative amount owed. Obviously, we have accurate records of that elsewhere but it would be nice to know how to do this online as best we can.
Thanks for your help!

Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 6:03 PM - Response #4

In order for the AMOUNT INVOICED to be right, they need to order something. To do that, you need to be selling something. To sell something, you would go to Reunion Planner, EDIT, then go to your first event, click SHOW MORE, then say that something is for sale (choose the radio button). Then at the bottom of the event, choose ADD A PRODUCT TO THIS EVENT. Add products for each ticket item/price you will have. When you have products for sale, you will then have the PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED section at the bottom of the page, choose "Checks" because that is all you are accepting.

Now when you register them, you will want to also put in their shopping cart what items they are ordering that will make up the purchase price they have already paid for by check.

For those who you have already registered, you can go to Reunion Planner, Attendees, click their names and add items to their shopping carts and check out.

When they have items they have purchased in their shopping cart, the Amount Invoiced column will be the amount they owe.

You don't have to do any of this if you don't care if the Invoiced Amount is a negative number.

Friday, November 14, 2014 at 3:51 PM - Response #5

When I attempt to manually add attendees, it will only let me select one name at a time; screen then jumps out and I have to then select another. Is this customary or should I be able to select all classmates at one time will be attending?

Friday, November 14, 2014 at 5:39 PM - Response #6

It needs to be one at at time as the process is that you are actually registering for each person as if you are that person. This allows you to answer any registration questions specific to that member.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.