ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Photo to Large...How To Resize??

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/27/10 10:41 PM Views: 1097 Replies: 4
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I am so brand new to running our class website that I haven't sent out the email notices to everyone.

I just uploaded my photo initially for my Profile and resized the Master Photo down in size but can't do the same with the Profile photo which is way to large.

How do I edit my Profile photo down to a smaller more comfortable size? What/where do I delete if I need to start over again?

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM - Response #1

Susan,

It looks like you figured it out. When I looked at your profile, your picture looked the right size. You can delete it by checking the DELETE check-box under the PHOTOS section.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle. Yes, it looks like I did edit the size down nicely but I couldn't see the change until closing and then reloading the site. For some reason I did it this way rather then just trying to refresh the page--if that would have worked? Also noticed this same issue when I set the background image for the site. It wasn't enough to save then look. I did the same thing for that, I closed the site and then reopened it.

I turned on the BBCode Editor but I still can't get any 'smilies' to show?

Smile Fixed the smiley issue. It may be another case of needing to refresh before things work right?

Edited 07/28/10 12:06 AM
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 12:06 AM - Response #3

Yes, if the photo has the same name, the browser has a cached photo issue. The Background Image for each website is always named "3.jpg" whatever it was called on your file system. So sometimes the photo displays the last photo until you REFRESH the browser page. When you upload a photo to the PROFILE PHOTOS page, the file name keeps the same filename, so you will see the browser caching the photo. If you upload class photos (senior photos) and happen to modify one of them and re-upload that photo, you won't see the changed photo until you refresh the browser.

How are you trying to use the BBCode Editor? Are you clicking on the images?Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Edited 07/28/10 12:08 AM
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 at 3:40 AM - Response #4

Kyle Erickson wrote:

How are you trying to use the BBCode Editor? Are you clicking on the images?Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Yes, I was clicking on them and I had turned the BBCode editor on but again, I had not refreshed the page and I think that's what made the difference. Those little gals work now.Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.