ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Firefox Formating Issues

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/02/09 03:59 PM Views: 1417 Replies: 9
Friday, October 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Kyle, Brad or CC Support, I just recently started paying attention to my site through FireFox, since I use IE8. But after reading many of the issues on this forum, that's when I realized I need to pay attention to this issue.

So here's my question, In Firefox, my announcements don't start until waaaaaaay down my homepage. I tried fixing things in IE to narrow the announcements area and the editing did move things more to the left, but not enough for FF to move the announcements up where they belong as in IE. Should I be editing also in FF or should any fixes I make in IE work for FF?

The other question I have has to do with the falling leaves. The leaves are falling in IE, not however in FF. I know that somewhere in this forum a code has been posted for the falling leaves for FF. Now my question is, if I use the FF code for the falling leaves does it also work in IE or do I need 2 different codes?

Thanks in advance, Virginia

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 4:24 PM - Response #1

Virginia Lehmann wrote:

Should I be editing also in FF or should any fixes I make in IE work for FF?

No, you can make the changes in IE if you want. The changes should work in both browsers.

Virginia Lehmann wrote:

The other question I have has to do with the falling leaves. The leaves are falling in IE, not however in FF. I know that somewhere in this forum a code has been posted for the falling leaves for FF. Now my question is, if I use the FF code for the falling leaves does it also work in IE or do I need 2 different codes?

If you install the FF falling leaves AND the IE falling leaves, then when somebody logs in to IE, they will probably get BOTH of the versions of the falling leaves.

I don't know why the Falling Leaves don't work in FireFox, but somebody did post one that does work in FireFox.

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 4:28 PM - Response #2

Kyle, would you mind taking a look at my homepage in FF and see what you think about why the announcements are starting as far down the page as they are?

Virginia

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 4:33 PM - Response #3

BTW, I already narrowed things down, but it is still not fixing the announcements in FF.

Virginia

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM - Response #4

OK Virginia,

I modified the Width/Height of your photo cube from 400 to 350. If it is too small, you can probably increase it to about 380.

It looks fine in FireFox now.

Kyle

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 4:53 PM - Response #5

Thanks Kyle.

Based on your response above about the falling leaves code in IE and FF, do you believe that if I use the FF code for the leaves it will work in IE also? Virginia

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 4:54 PM - Response #6

yes, but I don't think the FF code looks as good.

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM - Response #7

Well, if I find the FF code I will try it, if I don't like the way it looks, then I will go back to the IE code.

But thanks Kyle for the help and the quick responses!

Virginia

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 5:13 PM - Response #8

Try looking HERE

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?messageid=B092B1F3-EC76-9983-40B3175DDED60F02#B092B1F3-EC76-9983-40B3175DDED60F02

RE: animated falling leaves
Posted Saturday, September 12, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Friday, October 2, 2009 at 5:16 PM - Response #9

Again thanks, Kyle!

Virginia

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.